Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between MRP type and schedule line category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Situation -

I have Finished material masters which earlier did not have MRP views at a plant( particular plant). At that time Sales Orders were created for the material. The sales order has Schedule line category as CP.

The configuration in SD within transaction in VOV5 is:

Item Cat         MRP Type       Schedule Line category      Manual Schedule Line category

1.    ZEP                Blank                CP                                       CN

2.    ZEP                ND                    CN                                       Blank 

CP - Req./planning & Availability check is tick marked

CN - Req./planning & Availability check is NOT tick marked

After a few weeks , MRP views were created and MRP type was maintained as ND.

Now when the same sales order is being processed , it is giving an error at the release credit check stage. This is because the system is expecting the configuration as per line 1.

To overcome this issue , we have changed the Schedule Line category from CP to CN in the Sales Order. But this has led to an issue.

Issue - If the Sales order start having Schedule Line category CN (because it is already configured in the system as per line 2) , then the Orders and Open delivery information is not visible in MD04 transaction.

Requirement - The material master MRP type is ND. We want the Sales Order to have Schedule line category as CN but at the same , its Orders and Open deliveries to be visible in MD04 output.

Is there a possibility to change the CN such that it does not generate planning requirements but the Sales order and Open deliveries values will be visible in MD04.

Please advise, < Priority Normalized >

Note - I am also attaching screenshot of configuration of CN and CP. Also i have attached configuration for Item category , MRP type , Schedule Line category.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion Locked.

Reason: Cross Post. Link between PP & SD in terms of MRP type and schedule line category( in SD)

Please don't post your queries in multiple space. Please restrict it one space at time.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Based on MRP Type ,we can get Requirement Type then Based on Requirement Type we will be get Requirement Class . So ,here your settings all are set up as per our requirement .

Based on Strategy ( Checking Group ) Group ,we can get Requirement class ( OVZG) also .

Based on MRP Type (in MM01)  and Item Category VOV7),we can get Requirement Type ( OVZH) then,

based on this ,we will be get Requirement Class .

Then Comes to the Point is , where as CN dosent relevant for Availability Check or not carrying out requirement on the basis of Requirement class level where as you can see in CP Level as checked this two fields for carrying out Requirement basis of Requirement class .

Requirement Transfer Field is Present in OVZG ( requirement Class) and also in CP Level.

Note : I dont have to time read to your scenario but as per Relation I have explained above only .

Thanks,

Naren