Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Link between MRP type and schedule line category

Hi All ,

Situation -

I have Finished material masters which earlier did not have MRP views at a plant( particular plant). At that time Sales Orders were created for the material. The sales order has Schedule line category as CP.

The configuration in SD within transaction in VOV5 is:

Item Cat         MRP Type       Schedule Line category      Manual Schedule Line category

1.    ZEP                Blank                CP                                       CN

2.    ZEP                ND                    CN                                       Blank 

CP - Req./planning & Availability check is tick marked

CN - Req./planning & Availability check is NOT tick marked

After a few weeks , MRP views were created and MRP type was maintained as ND.

Now when the same sales order is being processed , it is giving an error at the release credit check stage. This is because the system is expecting the configuration as per line 1.

To overcome this issue , we have changed the Schedule Line category from CP to CN in the Sales Order. But this has led to an issue.

Issue - If the Sales order start having Schedule Line category CN (because it is already configured in the system as per line 2) , then the Orders and Open delivery information is not visible in MD04 transaction.

Requirement - The material master MRP type is ND. We want the Sales Order to have Schedule line category as CN but at the same , its Orders and Open deliveries to be visible in MD04 output.

Is there a possibility to change the CN such that it does not generate planning requirements but the Sales order and Open deliveries values will be visible in MD04.

Please advise, < Priority Normalized >

Note - I am also attaching screenshot of configuration of CN and CP. Also i have attached configuration for Item category , MRP type , Schedule Line category.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion Locked.

Reason: Cross Post. Link between PP & SD in terms of MRP type and schedule line category( in SD)

Please don't post your queries in multiple space. Please restrict it one space at time.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Config CN.png (30593 B)
Config CP.png (30609 B)
Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question