cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the SCM Queue Manager I am getting following error ‘Item category U not allowed with document type ZNS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SCM Queue Manager I am getting following error ‘Item category U not allowed with document type ZNS.

After CTM run ,I am getting STR and Planned Order. However, Planned Order is transferring to ECC .

But  STR did not transfer to ECC. I have checked the SCM Queue Manager, the error is Item category U not allowed with document type ZNS.

APO CTM creates an STR as category AG . When I create an STR in ECC and it will CIF back to APO. Problem is the   inbound to ECC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with MM team; SPRO settings. Item category definitions with document types are not correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

in ECC

ZNS is Doc Type for PR Direct Charge. Item category is Blank.

For run MRP, PR STO is generated use Doc Type ZSTR - Stock Transfer Request.

ZNS is using for PR Direct Charge. So we could not change in ECC

is there any solution in APO site

Thanks

Parves

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parves,

It seems, somehow while transferring PREQ system is taking document type ZNS into consideration, and not ZSTR.

either you will have to change the setting for system to take document type ZSTR into consideration or you will have to add item category 'U', in document type ZNS.

there is not much you can do on APO side, as far as MM config is concerned, except publication, which only defines whether your data will publish into ECC from APO or not.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parves,

Did you checked for this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh.

I tried to maintain  allowed ZNS for item category U. Error is gone from SCM Q manger. However, when ever I set the conversion indicator, a GUID (Error during creation; GUID: KGzuxc6c4XFX00002W4740 KGzuxs6c4XFX00002W474) error appear in SCM Q manger.

Also APO   DC (PurRqs), plant (PReqRel) and ECC (PReqRel). in DC i have set the conversion indicator, however still showing DC (PurRqs)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parves,

If you are getting error while converting from PR to PO, then you probably are missing on some setting in ECC.

Few things to check;

1) go in CFG1 in ECC and check for detailed error, should give you some idea on what is missing

2) Try converting manually from PR to PO in ECC itself, then see if you need to maintain any thing manually there.

these points should let you know, the exact problem.

I am assuming you have maintain distribution definition in APO for external procurement.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i maintain distribution definition in APO for external procurement because DC is the external procurement  . and CFG1 error is External Procurement (Inbound).

if i go back to your first email.  we have changed to purchasing instead your suggestion Purchase orders because ZNS maintain

IMG ---> Materials Management ---> Purchasing ----> Purchase

>Requisition-----> Document types ---->

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parves,

Now your initial issue is gone, and you are stuck with another issue in conversion, ideally calls for another discussion.

Anyways.

[if i go back to your first email.  we have changed to purchasing instead your suggestion Purchase orders because ZNS maintain

IMG ---> Materials Management ---> Purchasing ----> Purchase

>Requisition-----> Document types ---->]

What do you mean by this statement, unable to understand this.

You will get error for External Procurement (Inbound) only in ECC, if you are converting from APO, in case of issue with you MM config.

Did you tried converting manually in ECC?

and what does CFG1 error long text says?

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

DP went live this week.

Now I am focusing SNP.

None to above solution resolve our issue.

I think CIF exit is the only one solution. we have created a cif exit in ECC

EXIT_SAPLMEPI_004

DO I also need to create CIF exit in APO ?

EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PU_001

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends at what level you are trying to control the data transfer, if ECC outbound exit is satisfying your requirement,then no need to go for APO exit, but if not then you might have to look for one.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh.

I have created CIF exit in ECC, now all str going to ecc PurRqs also APO PurRqs.

However, when I am converting STR (PurRqs) to STO in APO, i am getting following error

"CFEP0600005883               PEDCLNT350       @OJ@  Error during creation; GUID: KK6k5l1s6otX00002W4740 KK6k5}1s6otX00002W474             T_PARVESA        CIF_PO_INBOUND_30A"

In ECC when I am   converting PurRqs to STO its appear  POitem  in ECC and in  APO appear as PchOrd

Do you think in APO, we also need a CIF exit so that converting PurRqs will be PchOrd . If yes is this the right cif exit "EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PU_001"

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parves,

For your statement.

"In ECC when I am   converting PurRqs to STO its appear  POitem  in ECC and in  APO appear as PchOrd"

This is standard, PO item means purchase order only, so no issues here

If you are facing issue while converting form PREQ to PO in APO, then some setting somewhere is missing, or while converting system is not able to find some required value for creating purchase order.

You can go to CFG1 in ECC system and check for problem entry there, you will get to know the exact reason for the error.

Try and let me know if this helps.

One more thing here, whichever of answers you find helpful on SCN, you should mark then as helpful answer, as per SCN rules of engagements.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

CFG1 in ECC system the error is " External Procurement (Inbound)"

Set 1: Method: C / Document: 0600005393 / ORDID: KK1bl07h6opX00002W4740 / SCHEDID: KK1blG7h6opX00002W4740

Set 2: ORDID: KK1bl07h6opX00002W4740 / Material: A070106740 / Plant: F202 / Quantity:
QInformation@Method: 'N' / Category: 'Stock transport order' / Material: '' / Plant: 'F202'

I have Maintain Distribution Definition for DC is external procurement .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sourabh,

Any update for me please

Thanks

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parves,

My question is is ZNS is purchase requisition type or purchase order type, check in your system to confirm, if you don't know it already.

It Seems that your config settings for order type ZNS are not supporting STO / STR transfer process, which is what item category 'U' (related to stock transport) meant for in ECC.

Check for the same in ECC

IMG ---> Materials Management ---> Purchasing ----> Purchase orders -----> Document types ---->

There for mentioned document type, check for assigned item categories, you should be able to resolve the issue.

Do let me know if still face same issue, after maintaining item category 'U', for your order type.

Rgds

Sourabh