cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Customer XD01- how to make partner functions optional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm creating a Customer XD01 for the first time in the system. How can I make the partner functions not required?

(Shipto, BillTo, SoldTo, Payer)

It does not allow me to create without .

Thanks,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

When you create customer master, Standard SAP makes the four partner functions mandatory. No option about that.

To answer your question, you can select the Optional entry radio button for Business partners in customer master account group configuration.

Goto _ SPRO _ Finance accounting _ Account receivable / payable _ Master Data _ Prep for creating customer master _ define account group....

Select your account group and browse to sale area data.

Under partner usage  - make " Business partner assignment" to optional.

However, i wil not recomment you to make these changes untill unless you are clear on business process or client requirement.

For learning & gaining knowledge -  you need to check the settings and understand them.

Thanks

Kartik.

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Any sales can happen when there is a product/ service, a seller, a buyer.

now how can a sales happen without the buyer?

Thanks,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Partner Function not Required ?

1. Without maintaining Partner Functions ,for whom ,you are raising Sales Order ?    

2. Without maintaining Partner Functions ,Where ,you are sending Goods and Who can receive that Goods  ?

3. Without maintaining Partner Functions ,How you can get amount ?

Note : Without Partner Functions , we can not do whatever in OTC Department .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria,

Best way forward would be to read the theory of Partner determination, in order to understand where in the system, a partner function could be made not mandatory.

I would recommend a book "Implementing SAP ERP Sales and Distribution" by Glynn C Williams.

If you an end user, then please take the help of a keyuser or consultant, to do configuration changes / creations, as changing partners (mandatory) shall effect all the customers made with that particular account group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are  different parties responsible for specific activities in  business like head office orders goods (sold-to -party ), regional office receive the goods (ship-to-party),bill send to head office and payment will be done (Bill to party, payer )according to partner functions we select account group while creating customer master.Its mandatory to have a account group which controls partner functions.

You can select one time customer account group while creating customer master. check it and let us know.

Regards,

Suresh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

The question by the OP is

How can I make the partner functions not required?

Why are you suggesting to use / select one time customer account group?

What partner procedure is assigned to one time account groups? (e.g. CPD, CPDA)

In those partner procedures, which of the partner functions are mandatory?