cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope Agent Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While performing the Managed System Setup for our BI 7.3 system encountered this strange behavior. Everything was successful, at the last step i.e. Check Configuration it is failing giving below error message -

The command CpuStat has been executed to validate that the OS command console is operational. This command failed to execute. Command result: Cannot get CPU information from SAPOSCol webservic e: java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exceptio n; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.

Cannot get CPU information from SAPOSCol webservice
[EXCEPTION]
java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Deserialization Error. Can not create instance of [java.util.Calendar] from string [2013-02-01T23:38:45Z] with schema type [http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema][dateTime].
at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getCpuConsumption(SAPOscolStub.java:151)

This happening for 2 apps servers, rest are all fine. Let me know if anybody has encountered this. No CPU data for them in WIly

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samik,

Are you able to access link below on your server?

http://hostname.domain.dom:1128/SAPOscol/?wsdl

Can you check and let me know ?

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1862333 - Common Host Agent issues displayed in Agent Administration

dominik_kastner
Participant
0 Kudos

I had a similar error.

Solution was a restart of the sap instance and hostagent:

1366774 - Monitoring Errors for Resources in ACC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samik

Try detach agent in SOLMAN_Setup step 4 and attach back, then restart SAP instance, database server. I had the same problem worked this for me.

Consider mark answered if this helps.

-giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the HostAgent service running on the Application Servers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, running. I restarted them but didnt work.

ST06 reporting saposcol data in those app servers. But wily is not able to read data.

Do we know what commands is being run to check CPUStat as reported by the error message ?

I am thinking if its any permission issue. But the message tells something about xml file not able to read.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your Solution Manager version and SP level? See if SAP note 1400891 is applicable. You could do the WSDL test regardless if it is applicable or not.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1400891

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solman 7.1 SP7

I have done the tests, it is OK, I could see the XML files.

I like to know how can you run the command that it is running to chek CPUStat in OS Console.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What OS are you running? Since SMDAgent 7.11 a Web Service call is done to the Host Agent to retrieve the CPU metrics, no external command is run. See SAP note 1413583 for details.

Looking at the exception trace, you seem to be having somekind of XML parsing error. Can you double check that you are running correct and compatible versions of Host Agent and SMDAgent?

Also attach the complete trace as an attachment, not embedded (partly) in the message.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1413583

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for reply.

OS - AIX

Using latest SMD Agent installer. I have done agent installation and config for the entire landscape, already completed several systems..for this particular NW 7.3 system got error, that too for 2 app servers. Compatibility should not be the issue here. Full error message -

Cannot get CPU information from SAPOSCol webservice
[EXCEPTION]
java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Deserialization Error. Can not create instance of [java.util.Calendar] from string [2013-02-01T23:38:45Z] with schema type [http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema][dateTime].
at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getCpuConsumption(SAPOscolStub.java:151)
at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getCpuConsumption(SAPOscolStub.java:159)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.webservice.WebserviceInvocationHandler.invoke(WebserviceInvocationHandler.java:83)
at $Proxy24.getCpuConsumption(Unknown Source)
at com.sap.smd.plugin.macro.os.CPUStat.runSAPOSColWS(CPUStat.java:39)
at com.sap.smd.plugin.macro.JavaMacro.run(JavaMacro.java:71)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Deserialization Error. Can not create instance of [java.util.Calendar] from string [2013-02-01T23:38:45Z] with schema type [http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema][dateTime].
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.primitive.DateTimeSD.deserialize(DateTimeSD.java:295)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.InstanceBuilder.readElement(InstanceBuilder.java:680)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.InstanceBuilder.readSequence(InstanceBuilder.java:983)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.InstanceBuilder.readContent(InstanceBuilder.java:1127)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.GeneratedComplexType.deserialize(GeneratedComplexType.java:1719)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.InstanceBuilder.readElement(InstanceBuilder.java:680)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.InstanceBuilder.readSequence(InstanceBuilder.java:983)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.InstanceBuilder.readContent(InstanceBuilder.java:1127)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.GeneratedComplexType.deserialize(GeneratedComplexType.java:1719)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.getResponseDocument(MimeHttpBinding.java:1129)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1461)
at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getCpuConsumption(SAPOscolStub.java:144)
... 10 more
Caused by: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.util.NestedException -> java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo.setID(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'zi'
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.primitive.CalendarConverter.parseDateTime(CalendarConverter.java:584)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.primitive.DateTimeSD.deserialize(DateTimeSD.java:293)
... 21 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo.setID(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'zi'
at java.util.TimeZone.parseCustomTimeZone(TimeZone.java:770)
at java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.java:471)
at java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.java:465)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.primitive.CalendarConverter.getTimeZone(CalendarConverter.java:46)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.primitive.CalendarConverter.parseCanonical(CalendarConverter.java:559)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.encoding.primitive.CalendarConverter.parseDateTime(CalendarConverter.java:581)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the exception:

Can not create instance of [java.util.Calendar] from string [2013-02-01T23:38:45Z]

and

while trying to invoke the method sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo.setID(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'zi'

Check your locale settings, including Time Zone. See SAP note 1711777 for details. Which Java version are you running? Please be more specific, what exact version of AIX are you running?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1711777

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

I will check time zone settings.

AIX 6100-07

Java Version - Which one do we need to check ? The SMD Agent instance or ABAP instance ? The managed system is a ABAP only instance

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Java version on the SMD Agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

xxxx:smdadm 19> ./java -version

java version "1.6.0_21"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 6.1.023)

SAP Java Server VM (build 6.1.023, Feb  8 2011 10:50:23 - 61_REL - optU - aix ppc64 - 6 - bas2:148724 (mixed mode))

But I am not sure if it is using this java. jstartup/vm/home points to a diff path in the profile. How to confirm which Java ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the logs for the SMD Agent. I doubt it is using that Java, it is either using Java 1.4.2_xx or one of the SAP JVMs (v5 or v6 probably).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to find anything in the logs for java version. The version I mentioned above is from the java executable residing in the exe for SMD Agent.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake, I didn't notice the "SAP Java Server VM" part so it is using SAP JVM 6.1.

Did you check the locale and time zone settings? What are the locale and time zone settings on the SMD Agent and on the host running the SAP Host Agent? Also see SAP note 1367498 for which locales need to be installed on both systems.

"2013-02-01T23:38:45Z" is a valid UTC date & time format as per IS 8601, just in case you wonder. You may have to contact SAP support to get a resolution to your problem.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1367498

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Can you please tell me how to check locale and time zone settings on each of them ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask the person responsible for maintaining the AIX servers to do it. If you insist on doing it yourself, the commands are

To list the time zone setting

# echo $TZ

To list the locale setting

# locale

To list all installed locales

# locale -a

See the IBM AIX documentation on www.ibm.com for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran those commands in 2 app servers, one where the error exists and the one which is working fine.

echo $TZ is same in both when I run under smdadm which is PST8PDT

locale is also same :

XXXXXXX:smdadm 2> locale

LANG=C

LC_COLLATE="C"

LC_CTYPE="C"

LC_MONETARY="C"

LC_NUMERIC="C"

LC_TIME="C"

LC_MESSAGES="C"

LC_ALL=

Howeve, locale -a is different, the one where we have error lists less values.

XXXXXX:smdadm 3> locale -a

C

POSIX

In the App server where it is fine, locale -a gives long list -

XXXXXXXX:smdadm 1> locale -a

C

POSIX

ZH_CN.UTF-8

ZH_CN

Zh_CN.GB18030

Zh_CN

asianuni

de_DE.8859-15@euro

de_DE.8859-15@preeuro

de_DE.8859-15

de_DE.IBM-1252@euro

de_DE.IBM-1252@preeuro

de_DE.IBM-1252

de_DE.ISO8859-1

de_DE

en_US.8859-15

en_US.ISO8859-1

en_US

ko_KR.IBM-eucKR

ko_KR

zh_CN.IBM-eucCN

zh_CN

zh_TW.IBM-eucTW

zh_TW

Can this be an issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be, install at least US English. The installed locales (and the configuration) should be same on all servers.