Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Manipulate data of custom field in Sales UI

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to add custom fields to VBAP table and display those fields in Sales Order (customer order) item details.

I have managed to display those custom fields in Sales UI by modifying the configuration of LO_OIF_MAIN_APP. I created new tab under tab item details and using custom configuration for the UIBB which is copied from LO_OIF_FORM_ITEM. Lets say I copied the LO_OIF_FORM_ITEM into ZZ_LO_OIF_FORM_ITEM and use this configuration for my new custom tab which consists of several custom fields. Since those fields value need to be manipulated, then I also copied the standard feeder class of CL_LO_OIF_GUIBB_ITEM_FORM into ZZ_CL_LO_OIF_GUIBB_ITEM_FORM, then I modify the method GET_DATA and manipulate the CS_DATA ( I am unable to modify the field content using the BADI since CS_DATA is said to be obsolete).

What happen is the field content can be saved and retrieved successfully from table if I did not manipulate the data at all or if I change the data directly  from the UI, but if I change the field content from my codes (programmatically by replace value of CS_DATA), then it will be displayed but wont be saved to the table. Is there any other way to manipulate custom field content?

Please share any of your experience and suggestion related to this matter.

Thank you.

Regards,

Leo

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question