Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM putaway strategy & mixed storage

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have the next requirement: in one storage bin I can just store one material codes, but I can place six SU of the same material. Also, whenever the bin's capacity is not yet reached, all incoming materials that will be stored in the warehouse will be put in that bin until the capacity is reached. The capacity issue is solved, but I have tried the following setups and all of them are wrong:

1. Putaway Strategy: L

Mixed Storage: A

Problem: System propouses always an empty bin, so I cannot use it.

2. Putaway Strategy: I

Mixed Storage: " "

Problem: Just one SU is allowed in each storage bin.

3. Putaway Strategy: C

Problem: I can store 6 SU per bin, but they can contain different material codes.

4. Putaway Strategy: C

Problem: Combination not allowed by SAP

It is not a strange strategy so I am pretty sure it should be attemped by WM, it is just I am not able to get the solution. Can anyone help me on how to set this up in WM?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Pallet putaway strategy. Firstly, define the storage bin sections. For ex. Bin Section "B" with total 6 sections - 1,2,3,4,5,6. Then assign this bin section "B" to the combination of Warehouse, storage type, storage bin type and storage unit type. Also, make the setting of mixed storage not allowed for the storage type.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Sushant

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sushant,

the Pallet putaway strategy allows only mixed storage A or X, so I cannot restrict just one material by storage bin.

Regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Check the combination mixed storage indicator P, with putaway strategy P, su mgmt active,  SUT check active.

Regards,

Santosh

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

for putaway strategy P, only mixed storage A or X are allowed. In both cases system allows to place different materials in the same bin.

Any other sugestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo, I mentioned mixed storage indicator 'P'.  Check the dropdown of that field in storage type view.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

but which putaway strategy do you suggest to use? With mixed storage indicator P it is not possible to use putaway strategy P.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check it and update you.

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

As per your requirement you need only one material per storage bin.

Can you please elaborate your requirement with an example. Do you have the palletization data defined in material master and, are you trying to add stock the existing SU in the storage bin?

Regards,

Sushant

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

this is my scenario:

- SUM

- HUM

- No repacking processes allowed

- No palletization data defined in Material Master (but it could be done)

- 15 storage bins with capacity for 6 SU (always the same SUT).

Example:

1st placement: Material AAA (SU: 0001)

- Proposed bin: 01.01.01

2nd placement: Material AAA (SU: 0002)

3rd placement: Material BBB (SU: 0003)

- Proposed bin: 01.01.02

4th placement: Material AAA (SU: 0004)

I know I could use the Bulk putaway strategy, but I need the system propose a specific SU during the removal process, so I don't want to use it.

Regards

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have checked your requirement and you can do the following configuration -

1. Storage type: Putaway strategy - B , Mixed Storage - A, Addition to stock - X

2. Define the Bulk block structure with no. of stacks as 6 and stack height as 1, so that you can have a total of 6 storage units in each bin.

Maintain Palletization details in the material master. ( for e.g. I maintained 100 EA for SU type E1)

3. Maintain the capacity neutral values in SUT and Material master so that you can see the capacity utilization in the storage bin at any point of time. (for e.g. I kept 100 in SUT and 1 in material master, and bin total capacity of 1200 so that you can have 6 SU of 100 capacity each in the storage bin )

4. Create a storage type indicator for stock placement and assign them to all the materials which are to be placed in the storage type. Also, define the storage type search accordingly.

5. Test the settings by doing postings with movement 501,561 for single/multiple materials. Try Putaway in foreground and background.

6. I have seen that all the materials with same material code are always directed to only 1 storage bin which has capacity available. A different material would always be directed to an empty bin or some other bin which has its stock.

I think by doing so, your putaway should be resolved. Not sure if you have some special requirement for the stock removal.

Kind Regards,

Sushant

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thank you for your answer, but as I said in my previous post, I cannot use the Bulk putaway strategy because I want the system propouse a specific SU during the removal process. With B putaway strategy, SAP just indicates the source storage bin, not the SU.

Is there any other putaway strategy which I could use?

Regards

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, I think your issue is during the stock removal and you are looking for a solution for putaway... Please correct if I am wrong here..

Is standard SAP picking strategy meeting your requirement? What is the specific scenario for stock removal?

As an alternative, I would suggest that you adopt putaway as Bulk and develop an enhancement for stock removal using the exit - MWMTO004 / MWMTO013. Write the logic for the SU no. with the help of ABAP developer.

Regards,

Sushant

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so. My problem is related to the putaway process. The issue is that B putaway strategy has implications in the removal strategy which I would like to avoid.

In addition, I am not sure I could modify this feature of the stock removal via user-exit, but I will chek it.

Regards,

Pablo