cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro abap eventing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a main wedynpro component, it contains many components (ComponentA and ComponentB) . i want to achieve the following : if i change the value of an UI component in component A ,this must change a value of an UI component of ComponentB.

Any tips? with a sample/tutorial.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moo,

In addition to cross-component event handling which enables components to communicate  with each other, you could also achieve this through cross-component context mapping which enables a context node to be shared by more than one component.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Amy King,

can you provide some resources for cross component sharing through context mapping i mean some exercises on this

it will be helpful for us thanks,

Manu

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

What you ask for is very basic in Web Dynpro ABAP.

You have to go through the video series to cover WDA basics from Thomas Jung. Please find them here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1751463

This thread has the discussion of what you ask for http://scn.sap.com/message/8529209

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Component SALV_WD_TABLE is a reusable component for the ALV Grid. Take a look at it in your system and look at the Context tab of its component controller. Notice that context nodes DATA, FILTER_VALUES and some of the other nodes are defined as Interface Nodes (a checkbox in the node's properties). This means that the node becomes part of the component's public interface and can be used by another component.

Node DATA is also an Input Element, which means it requires an external context mapping

whereas node FILTER_VALUES is not an Input Element and requires only simple context mapping.

Now take a look at the document . This document gives a walk-through of how to use the SALV_WD_TABLE component to create an ALV table. The document shows how to map the DATA and FILTER_VALUES interface nodes of SALV_WD_TABLE to the context of a using component.

Hopefully by looking at these two things you can see how to apply the approach to your requirement.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (0)