cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LiveCache OneDB - SCM 7.0 EHP2 System Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m trying to do homogenous system refresh of SAP SCM 7.0 EHP2 system with livecache OneDB (MaxDB 7.9) to another system with an other SID.

After reading OSS Note :

457425 : Homogeneous liveCache copy using backuprestore

129352 : Homogeneous system copy with MaxDB (SAP DB)

I think I can do it with a backup/restore method.

I’m not sure about several points.

1/ Is only a complete Data backup is necessary? Or a log backup is necessary too?

2/ When restoring, if using “Restoring After Initializing a Database Instance”, should I have to execute “load_systab” command anyway? And should I have to rename SAP<SID>  with dbmcli command too? Or will it be done during “Restoring After Initializing a Database Instance”?

3/ “Adjust XUSER”…..what does it mean?

After that, is it necessary to do something else in LC10 transaction?

To resume, I can’t find the same actions to do in OSS Note 457425 and 877203 (Post steps after homogenous livecache copy using backup) !!!!!

In my SAP SCM system, I think I have to follow the same procedure as an other SAP system (BDLS…..)

Thanks for your help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see the note:

886103    System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM

1. It's dependent on your backup/recovery strategy.

2. After restore will be done, First set the correct SYSDBA user/password to UPC container files,

then start the DB online. For more information, see SAP Note 1090087.

See d) & e) steps in SAP note 129352.

3. Please see the SAP note:

39439 24 71 XUSER entries for SAP DB and MaxDB

-> Yes. Post steps after Homogeneous liveCache copy using backup/restore listed 877203 & 886103 SAP notes should be checked/done.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your help.

When using backup/restore strategy, should we apply SAP Note 632357 to download/upload liveCache data?

you talk about "See d) & e) steps in SAP note 129352". Is step d) enough or should we need to renaming livecache instance as described in SAP Note 1427931?

When restoring, if using “Restoring After Initializing a Database Instance”, should we have to do it?

If yes, should we do it before or after post steps? (877203)

Are steps in SAP Note 877203 (Post steps) suffisants for renaming?

Best regards

Chris

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

-> SAP Note 632357 to download/upload liveCache data OR steps of note:

457425    Homogeneous liveCache copy using backup/restore

for the liveCache copy selected dependent on the OS planform of the source & target livecache,

the liveCache version of source & target.

-> SAP Note 1427931 is not for SCM copy

->"When restoring, if using “Restoring After Initializing a Database Instance”, should we have to do it?"

If you run “Restoring After Initializing a Database Instance” using DB studio & selected initialize the DB parameters from backup, then you need to adjust some parameters on the next step & data/log volumes configuration as well.

-> SAP Note 877203 steps recommended to run in the target liveCache after you created it as copy of another instance using backup/restore < after the steps of the  457425  note run >.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalie,

thanks for all information you gave me.

Just to be sur, SAP Note 632357 (download/upload liveCache) has to be used ONLY when migrating liveCache version or when changing OS?

For an homogeneous copy, I don't need to use it?

Regards

Chris

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

-> SAP Note 632357 steps for the liveCache copy using download/upload is used when you run liveCache UNICODE migration, or changing the liveCache servers OS platform, if source and target liveCache have different patch/build.

BUT you could NOT use this note to copy the liveCache SCM 5.1 to liveCache supported for SCM 7.0 or SCM 7.01. In this project you first copy SCM 5.1 to SCM 5.1 system, then upgrade the second one to SCM 7.0 or 7.01.

-> Check restrictions for Homogeneous liveCache copy  using backuprestore in the SAP note:

457425 : Homogeneous liveCache copy using backuprestore

Answers (0)