cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 modify selection screen

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm an ABAP developer and I've been asked to modify the selection screen of VF04 in the following ways:

1. Make Sort Criterion mandatory

2. Only allow users to enter one value for sort criterion (i.e. remove the ranges and multiple list options)

3. Add an athorisation check on sort criterion as sales office (i.e. we are populating sort criterion with sales office and want to check users have authorisation for this sales office)

I have looked at the code and couldn't find a suitable user exit, I don't want to modify the standard code so my options are:

1. Look at customising to see if it's possible - that's where you guys come in - what is the normal route to modify this screen?

2. Copy the selection screen of VF04 to ZVF04 and add my own code in there and then call VF04 in the background.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Gill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I have one suggestion. Copy the VF04 program and create your own Tcode ZVF04. In SE93 you can add authorization object and also selection variant. Create a selection variant with making fields mandatory/hidden and assign this variant in SE93 in VF04 tcode. Also make this variant protected, With this your 95% requirements will be fulfilled but not 100%. Remove VF04 from users and assign them ZVF04.

Thanks

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gill,

I confirm there are not userexits available to change the selection screen of VF04, nor customizing.

So the option 2 is the one usual followed.

Best regards,

Ivano.