cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am trying to make a JDBC call from my webdynpro application in 7.3. I have followed the below link to create external lib dc and added reference to the webdynpro project.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/006a6229-b1ed-2e10-0c8c-cc5673cf2...

The below line to load the JDBC drive class is throwing class not found exception. I have used the mail.jar as well and all the classes related that jar are working fine during runtime. Why am i having problem finding just one class in runtime. If i comment the below line, my code fails during the Drivermanager.getconnection method as the Driver is nor registered, but i dont have problem using any other class during runtime.

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Apart from adding the ear assembly as dependency do we need to do any thing else??.

Thanks,

ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure you followed the doc correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun, thanks for the reply. I did follow the document. I am not sure what i am missing here.

I have mail.jar as well in the same external lib project. I am able to use the classes and send out email. Why is that only my

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); is throwing exception..do we need any other jar or special reference for Database drivers.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add classes12.jar file under lib folder also add the jar file under build path.

Regards,

Manivannan P