cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure 2 logical systems SAP ECC in landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a SAP Solution Manager 7 running and two other SAP ECC 5.0 systems, one of them is an IDES installation. I have entered them both in the solution manager in transaction SMSY and connected them via RFC which is working so far, but I can only configure one of them in my solution landscape defined with a logical component. Because of that my solution landscape only shows the one configured ECC 5.0 system and I can run a maintenance task only for this system.

What I want is to bring the second system also into my system landscape to run maintenance tasks. Do I have to configure the logical component "SAP ECC 5.0" with both systems? If so, is it important for what system type I choose (dev, qa, demo, prod, train, ref, eva)? Actually I configured my first one as "Demo".

I would be happy if someone can lead me to a solution 🙂

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Please always do create Z Logical component, dont use standard logical component.

Just right click on SAP ECC server -> create logical component and give any name starts with "Z", Later you can assign the systems, eithe one as " Demo" and other as "Production"

Other wise create 2 separate Z logical component for each system ,, and specify the system as production role/

You can proceed any option, I have very old guide which has some screen shots for smsy

please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

thx for your help. Actually I did not know that I have to create customer specific logical components and not to use the given sap onces. Any reason for that?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi andreas

first just goto smsy...goto logical components

choose say erp

right click and provide a Z* name and choose the product version

now on the right side of screen choose the system as per requirements

check this link

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/08/27/product-versus-techn...

also in solution when you add this component ....right click on the specific demo system and use the option PUT In Solution

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakhar,

thank you for the link, unfortunately I have a 7.0 SolMan running, not the 7.1 version.

I tried the suggestions and added both systems to the same logical component, one as dev system, one as demo system, but now only the Demo system (IDS:800) is showing up in my solution landscape.

2. Problem: I do not see any button/option to call "put in solution". Where should this option be? Anytime I change a logical component/system association, sap tells me that it updates the solution.

Maybe I am on a wrong way? Would be happy if you can guide me further on!

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I got the "solution" for my problem. The guide which Jansi provided helped me out. Point 6.g shows how to "put" the system into the landscape.

My understanding was that adding the logical component to the solution and assign the systems to each of its system type would be enough but depending on the solution leading role (e.g. productive) only these entries are marked green in the table.

Selecting the cell in the table and press the button "System" (green/red bubbles circle) adds the selected system into the solution landscape!

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Andreas