cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jxl.Jar for NWDS7.3 ehp1 java1.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing Excel upload program in WDJ in NWDS 7.3 Ehp1.I have followed the steps to create

External library and add the jar file inder lib folder and Enterprise application assembly and comilation part.

When i deploy the application it shows below exception.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jxl.Workbook  ------------------------- Loader Info -------------------------  ClassLoader name: [demo.sap.com/wd_kpi]  Loader hash code: 6b2040ae  Living status: alive  Direct parent loaders:  [system:Frame]  [interface:webservices]  [interface:cross]  [interface:security]  [interface:transactionext]  [library:webservices_lib]  [library:opensql]  [library:jms]  [library:ejb20]  [service:p4]  [service:ejb]  [service:servlet_jsp]  [library:tc~aii~base~offline~facade]  [library:tc~bl~logging~api]  [library:tc~ddic~runtime~facade]  [library:tc~bl~exception~lib]  [demo.sap.com/extlibear]  [library:tc~cmi]  [sap.com/tc~wd~api]  Resources:   D:\usr\sap\XPD\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\demo.sap.com\wd_kpi\servlet_jsp\webdynpro\resources\demo.sap.com\wd_kpi\root\WEB-INF\lib\demo.sap.com~extlibear~extlibear_assembly.jar    D:\usr\sap\XPD\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\demo.sap.com\wd_kpi\servlet_jsp\webdynpro\resources\demo.sap.com\wd_kpi\root\WEB-INF\lib\demo.sap.com~wd_kpi.jar   ---------------------------------------------------------------

The same application successfully deploy into the NWDS 7.01.10

Is there problem with Jar file(it mentioned ClassNot found exception).Please provide corresponding Jxl.Jar for NWDS7.3 ehp1 java1.6

Regards,

Manivannan P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan,

Please follow the link http://scn.sap.com/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-d...

Hope this might help you to resolve the issue.

Rgds,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj.

I have already follow the above link.

Still i am getting same exception

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jxl.Workbook

It means class is not available in the Jar file. I am asking about is there any seperate Jxl.Jar available for NWDS 7.3 ehp1 for Java1.6

or

I can use the same Jxl.Jar file in what i used in the NWDS 7.0 version.(If i use the same jar file i got above exception)

Note: If i execute the same application with NWDS 7.0 version application successfully executed

Regards,

Manivannan P

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure you followed correctly

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan,

Check whether J2EE Server Component library EAR is deployed on AS. You can check all deployed components from NWDS 7.3 Deployment perspective. It has to be a green triangle before the name. If it green it means the application is deployed. And you need to refer  all the library DCs in your WDJ DC as dependent.

And also check whether you have added the Technical Name of your Library DC (J2EE server component library) into Webdynpro Reference >> Library Reference of WDJ DC project.

Extract the .jar file to check whether the required classes are there or not.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also facign the same issue.Can you please tell the solution?

Regards

Deepa

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

Could you please create new thread for your issue.

Have you created both compilation and assembly public parts for your Ext Lib, and have you added them both to your Used DC's list?

Also remember, since you are using an assembly public part, the 'Create Archive' and 'Deploy new archive and run' should not be used!

Use the DC Build and DC Deploy instead.

Hope this helps!

Please reffer this doc

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi deepa ,

if you have create external library dc , create two public parts in development perspective ,

1.Assembly_PP

2.Compilation_PP

now go to navigator right click your jar file , select developmentComponent->publish as file -> chooose assembly_pp and publish as archive ->choose compilation_pp , and right click the external lib dc ->Development component->show in component properties -> Permissions->select entity forwarding allowed , (select the check box) .

now add this as used dc , in other wdj dcs where you want to export data to excel etc . and while deploiying build the dc and deploy . YOu want face above issue .

Regards

Govardan Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello govardan,

I have done the same.

Created Extrenal library DC and created public parts. and j2ee lib deploy DC.Then too facing the same issue.

Regards

Deepa.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi deepa ,

i agree you have followed the same steps , in permisson tab , did you select entity forwarding allowed and while deploying build the whole dc and deploy , dont choose deploy archive and run by right clicking the applciation of the dc , in that case the external jar file is not available and hence at run time you face the issue.

Regards

Govardan Raj S

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Great..

Can you please share what was missing. It would be helpful for others too.

Rgds,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done

In public part

Assembly part

-- Jxl.jar file

-- Jxl.jar archive

Compilation part 

-- Jxl.jar file

-- Jxl.jar archive

Then it works

Regards,

Manivannan P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan,

Can u explain little clearly what to do? I m alsop facing the same error. Kindly help