cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot drop here, incompatible objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In universe I have two tables I have joined both with an inner join with primary keys.

When i am trying to get the columns in to the report i am getting "cannot drop here, incompatible objects" tool tip box in a webi report.

Not sure what is the reason.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Are there any contexts used in the universe. If possible, put the 2 tables in same context and test the results again. if you find another table where same columns exist and also that table is part of same context then prefer to use columns(respective objects from class) from that table.

If there are no contexts and still this error is shown then would need to use the concept of merged dimensions. For that, first find out a common table referred by these 2 tables.

Now at Webi-end create a data provider(DP query) with objects from one of the existing table and the common object (from the common table which is referred by 2 tables in question).

Create another DP and include the 2nd table and the common column(from the common table which is referred by 2 tables in question)

Later, the common object from both queries can be user for mergingthe dimensions and you can then use the incompatible objects in the same block.

Thanks,

Prathamesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Does all your report objects only from both the tables you specified. If so you wont get this error. Kindly check the object definition of all the objects in the report and check whether all these source tables are are in a proper context. Then decide whether to add the table to the context or to go for the Merge dimension.

Regards,

Mani