cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice and Bill of Lading exchange rate difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My company is exporting materials to other countries and send the Commercial Invoice with additional required documents including the Bill of Lading to the Buyers.

Later payments will be collected for the same and finance team will check with the banker's say every quarter of the year for the exchange rate prevailed during the presentation of commercial invoice. The difference between Sales Invoice and Commerical invoice is manually calculated in excel and posted in to the respective account.

Now my requirement is how can i map this in SAP so that it will be helpful during auditing.

Regards

Jeevagan. U

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may be aware, for billing documents, system will consider the exchange rate from table TCURR (TCode ob08) but for Bill of Lading, normally, it is not under the control of Business but it will be handled by exporter's shipping agent who coordinates with Customs authorities.    So obviously, there will be a difference in exchange rate when compared to exports billing document and bill of lading.

There is one BADI called /SAPSLL/DUTY_CALC_EV through which, you can try to record the customs exchange rate somewhere in system and make use of this.  May be you can have a look at the following note which may help you:-

• Note 912257 - Exch rate type IATA automatic in BAdI /SAPSLL/DUTY_CALC_EV

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for your immediate response. Will revert back to you since i am working on the workaround given by you.

Regds

Jeevagan. U