cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in processing workflow DCN Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi supexperts,

required a help in DCN message Notification.

getting error in SUP like error in processing workflow DCN request, this error is coming while try from Firefox RESTClient. if we try with SUP workspace message delivers successfully without any error.

the same message is not pushed from firefox, Request response status code is 200 ok and the body statusMessage is error in processomg workflow DCN request:null

please help me to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Boopalan.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please clarify:

• SUP Version
  • Who pushes what
  • Where is being pushed to
  • Maybe describe your setup, then the issue inside your setup: e.g. EIS - SUP - HWC
  • If you got different behavior in the DCN - did you look for differences in the triggering DCN? (Workspsace vs Firefox)?
  • Did you turn up the logging and check for errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk olderdissen,

• SUP version 2.1.3
  • ERP pushes WIID
  • ERP
  • its an workflow app and WF-DCN message without payload integration, ERP push wi_id to sup, sup triggers ERP and get the data and sends the notification to device.
  • Where  can i check differences in the triggering DCN?
  • we are testing with LDAP users.
  • we are in development face, once Firefox delivery is success then we are going to implement in ERP. previously it was working fine, after we did update patch EBF 20512 then it was not working.
  • we getting this issue for only one user, in to address if we change some other user then it the response success is true and delivers success. we tried with re deployed, re registered the app but no luck.
  • we got the below log in scc

05:26.786  Application ID=, Application Connection ID=, User=, Correlation ID=, Package=, MBO=, Operation=, Thread ID=830, Node ID=SWIGVA01-SRV365, Error=java.lang.RuntimeException was thrown by transaction com.sybase.djc.transaction.TransactionContext.*AnonymousTransaction*\njava.lang.RuntimeException: error in processing workflow DCN request:null

at com.sybase.sup.server.dcn.wf.WFDCNHandler$1.invoke(WFDCNHandler.java:387)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the message q for this particular user in SCC? 

Try going to SCC > Workflows > Workflow Name > Queue Items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. There was queue items. but we found the log

786  Application ID=, Application Connection ID=, User=, Correlation ID=, Package=, MBO=, Operation=, Thread ID=830, Node ID=SWIGVA01-SRV365, Error=java.lang.RuntimeException was thrown by transaction com.sybase.djc.transaction.TransactionContext.*AnonymousTransaction*\njava.lang.RuntimeException: error in processing workflow DCN request:null

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, that sounds pretty obvious that you're DCN request is not understood. So I recommend to figure out which DCN's are working (if there are any at all) and which don't. And you may want to revisit the docs, I think to recall that anonymous DCN's are not a good idea. So try to authenticate your backend with SMP.

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am not sure where the error is occurring.  You could try increasing the log level of the WorkflowClient component to see if the error is occurring there.

In Sybase Control Center for 2.1 ESD # 3, choose Servers > server_name > Log > Messaging Server > WorkflowClient > Properties > Debug.

Send the notification using the workflow tooling (send a notification wizard).  Have a look at the log file in

C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\WorkflowClient\

Then try it using Firefox and check the log again.

The other possibility is there is the setting for the inbox notification is not matching for this particular user.  I would take a look at the inbox notification settings and then the specific custom settings for the user that is not working.  The Expense Tracking sample contains an appendix on these features. 

Appendix C: Using E-Mail Messages to Trigger Server-Initiated Workflows

Expense Tracking Sample https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-148193