cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP Timezone problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am facing the timezone issue in the ios app.

because the field format is date type, when we set it as 2012-12-31 in app, the CDB will transform automatically with 2012-12-30

i already set the server's timezone is GMT and the date default in IOS app i think it's UTC, in this case how could this kind of gap happen?

please help, thanks a lot

Regards

Lawrensh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would expect that the device OS configured time zone does not reflect in the way how the ObjectAPI does handle time fields. The data time format inside the MBO's is probably some thing either defautl that can not be changed so you have to do that programmatically. Or did you find any indictation in the docs that this is different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dirk

i could see the value i set on the app is 2012-12-31, but in the cdb table i could see the field's value 2012-12-30, it's different.

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Oh, sorry - I focused on data field format.

• What app? Your own?
  • What API call do you run to retrieve the value?
  • How do you see the data field in the CDB
  • Are you sure it is only a date field and not a time-date field?
Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What type of a client are you using?  Is it a native app or a hybrid app aka mobile workflow?

For a Hybrid App, a datetime type is converted to a UTC datetime when it is sent from the device.  If that row is then viewed by another device in another timezone, the datetime will be converted from a UTC datatime to a local datetime.

I believe there is a setting to turn that functionality on or off via the convert to UTC setting on the parameter mapping tab of an operation for a datetime field.

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen