cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 10 SP10 decentralized firefighter with CUA plug-in systems issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are implementing GRC Access Control version 10 with SP 10 so we can enable decentralized Firefighting. Our plug-in system landscape consists of an ECC6 (CUA system), and an SRM, BW etc systems.

The problem we are experiencing here is that according to Parameter 4010 for EAM, you must specify the role name that will be associated with FireFighter IDs. Because of this, on the BW, SRM and ECC6 system we have kept the role name the same, as the parameter allows for only one role to be allocated. However, when read the roles from BW and SRM in the ECC6 system using CUA we get an error as the role name trying to be imported from BW in the same as the role name in ECC6 system.

I am not sure what to do in this situation. If I change the role names, FireFighter will not work on 2 out of 3 systems as per parameter 4010. I would like to find a way through CUA that i could read these roles and assign them to users from the Central (ECC6) system. The only way I can see that this will work is to treat the FFID specific role separately to CUA. (If a FireFighter ID will be used accross landscape, I will have to log into each system (BW & XI) and manually add the FFID roles from these environments to the ID's)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am starting a Decentralized EAM implementation as well, and I have the same concerns.  Any answers out there?