cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of Certificates @ GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are doing material transfer posting from one plant to another plant and all materials are batch managed.(each batch being created for each GR).

For every transfer system creates inspection lots and batch but we are facing a problem in quality certificate creation which need to be created for each goods 

receipt.

I have maintained in certificates type configuration 'certificate to be created for each GR'. But certificate is not getting created.

This problem is appearing for all inspection lots of inspectino type 08 (Inspection for a stock transfer) but lots with inspection type 01 (Goods receipt inspection

for a purchase order) works fine.

Can you please tell me how can I configure the system to overcome this issue.

As we have made a z program which refers these certificate creations, this has become very important.

The requirement is to create quality certificates for each transfer posting of material from one plant to other plant.

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about an incoming COA's?  I.e. the requirement that a certificate must be with the goods received?

A stock transport can be handled in two ways.  It can be set up to be handled similar to a purchase order or as a true stock transport.  Talk to your SD and MM people about that.

As a true stock transport, 08, no COA would be expected.  Why would you do that?  It's a waste of time, effort and money.  Why do you need to send a copy of results that are already in your system?  That's why SAP doesn't do it for stock transports.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the materials are transferred from an external warehouse, this is considered as a plant in our scenario. Materials required for production are transferred from this warehouse to production plant as and when required.(We have implemented decentralized warehouse management system for the process and material transfer is fully automated & external warehouse company have their own ERP). People at production plant will not know about COA until they receive it.

Based on the COA received and RR done for the generated inspection lot, other programs run to take automatic UD.

So it is very imp. for us to have that COA (and required status for COA) for every batch of materials received.

Is there any possibility that we can have COA generated for transfer postings?

I hope the situation is clear to you.

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any help?

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Mr. Fire Fighter, stock transfer inspection will not generate any COA. Either you give authorisation to view the results entered against each batch to Production People or develop custom form to get the COA as per your requirement.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. so you have inventory in a external warehouse which you say is a plant in your system.  So someone put the inventory in.  You say you want to produce a COA for this.  So I can only assume some one put the necessary COA info into your system at some point prior to the STO being done.  So that brings me back to my original question... why would you generate a COA for data that is already in your system?

FF