Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Track Authority Does not work

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to implement the CMS track authority. The concepts and issues have crossed swords in our system.

The concepts say you must be allowed CMS actions first, then they can be restricted in the Track Authority editor

Assigning track-specific authorizations restricts the permitted UME actions. If a UME group or user ...

But things are not working that way for us. Following the heirarchy of CMS roles, we tried with a user with role "Operators", and restricted his access on a track for display only. He still had all authorizations to import ,export, approve etc, and he could see all contents from all tracks

We then tried with user with aurhotizatins that of NWDI developer and XDeveloper. For this user thigs worked perfectly, he was not able to see contents from tracks where he had not been added.

What might be the issue? We are using a Newly upgraded 7.3 NWDI system

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have created the developer user with group nwdi.developer, we have activated the track authorizations and assigned the user to the track, with authorization only for display, but the user can modify this track and open activities with developer studio. The user needs modify other tracks so I think he should have the nwdi.developer group, how can I restrict the access to check in, open activities etc.

We are using 7.3 NWDI.

Thanks in advance.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

please check the UME actions of the user you use.

If it has CMS.Administrate or CMS.OverAllTracks then the user will have always full access, i.e. that case the track authorization is basically ignored.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/5b8c954bb04cae84a21793ad9b4c92/frameset.htm

-->

1. CMS.OverAllTracks

UME action that allows you to edit all tracks, independently of track-specific UME actions

Problem is that CMS.Administrate also includes the OverAllTracks action, this is why I mentioned both of the actions.

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

Have you still got this problem or did you manage to solve it?

Thanks