cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart system error messages in ECC -SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi how to restart 'system error' messages in ECC SXMB_MONI. We are calling client proxy, during this call PI server is down and i can see messages are error with status 'system error  restart not possible' but these messages needs to be resend to PI once the PI is back.How can i achieve this please point me some useful links.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please go through the below blog to find out how to restart System failure messages:

http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-aut...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sen.Actuall i dont want to reporcess messages in XI.I want to restart/process messages in ECC -SXMB_MONI.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

Check the Outbound Queue in ECC ..

Cheers

Agasthuri

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Dont think its possible to restart message from SAP system SXMB_MONI. You need to re trigger the process (like IDoc, Function Module or Proxy).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri/Sen,

The queue are clear and i dont find any messages stuck in queue.We have both syn and aysn messages that were in 'system error' state in application system SXMB_MONI.

1)How about the report program 'RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES' which helps to resend/reprocess the error messages in PI.Can i use/schedule this report in ECC?

2)In Application system(ECC) under SXMB_ADM t-code can i set the IS_RETRY parameters similar to PI?

3)Does PI can resend 'system error' messages for both syn and asyn messages?In MONI from the tool tip i can see 'system error restart not possible' this means manula restart not possible or wat else.

please advice me.

Thanks

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Synchronous messages are normally non-restartable, presumably the source system has given up and raised its own error about that transaction.

I believe failed proxy calls need re-run from the source transaction.

Were you also seeing short dumps in ST22 for the time period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont find any dumps.Thanks for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe synchronous messages can't be reprocessed however asyn messages can be resend/reprocessed successfully.

I think scheduling RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES helps to reprocess/resend asyn messages.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sen,

If it is an IDOC, while PI is down we can reprocess from SM58 and for proxy if it is an asyn message, from ECC SXMB_MONI if we have sufficient authorizations to restart messages we can use push button 'restart' to resend the message or schedule 'RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES' report.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

if it is an IDoc we have to re triggered with using WE19 T.Code. if it is tRFC we can reprocess with using SM58. if it is Proxy "SPROXY', and also MONI we can reprocess some messages.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshu.