cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS command to change the sender file permission before picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP system generating the file and respective file location mounted in PI in following /TEMP path at OS level.

My file to file scenario is not able to pick the respective file, because the file doesn't have all the permissions.(what ever it is written in OS level)

How to change the permissions before picking the inbound file. I don't want to write any script checking any other best options.

In sender File adapter we have option - Run OS command before message processing

Appriciate if you can provide the correct command to change the permission to 777 any file exist in the /TEMP path, so that my interface can go and pick and change the file permissions to 777.

Regards,

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

At OS level Basis team/Unix team would be able to provide you 777 permissions for that perticular folder and your channel would be able to pick the file.

Regrds,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

they had given permissiosns to folder -777, but when file posted it will not have with 777 permission. the file is createing vi standard IDOC through file port. Folder has 777 permissions but while write the file do not have all the permission it's createing the file with standard user.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Try selecting the "Process Read-Only Files" option in the Sender file channel & advise what the outcome is?

Regards, Trevor

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run OS command before message procesisng will not work, if you wanna try then u may need new script logic before executing main one.

check with basis team ,i think they can change level of access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if that command doesn't work..then I will think script option only....