cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New lines in SC internal note text are converted into number sign "#"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue with the Interna Note text for shopping cart for services (SRM 7.0 and ECC 6.0 EHP4).

When creating a shopping cart for services, if the requester enters an internal note with multiple lines, when the cart is moved to ECC in Purchase Requisition, the internal note appears under Services tab under the column Line Text, however the line breaks are lost and are replaced by #.

example:

interna note in SC:

line1

line2

line3

on ECC side appears as:

line1#line2#line3

Could you please give me any pointers where i should check regarding this conversion? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venelin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should use sample code available in note 1143042 to format the text transfer from SRM to ECC.

This is a system limitation and you should use BAdI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW to format this.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ricardo,

Note was implemented, however the code provided with the node did not resolve the line split issue. I tried with the original code beucase it was already spliting the lines:

split ls_item_text-text_line at cl_abap_char_utilities=>newline into table lt_ltxt.

Now i am not sure if newline is the correct attribute to use here. Shouldnt it be CR_LF?

thanks in advance and best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note  1810720 is solving the problem, however to material items only. It can be adjusted for service items too by modifing

cs_rq_document-IT_REQUISITION_SERVICES_TEXT

instead of

cs_rq_document-it_requisition_item_text