cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate sales order configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to validate configuration is the sales order.Could you please suggest me how can achieve this technically?

Ex.

I have a multi value characteristic in my model

Accesories_car

Warranty 2 year

Warranty 4 year

GPS

DVD player

Accesories_car is a multi value characteristic, but user must not select Warranty 2 year and 4 Year. I tried to use function but I cannot use Multi value characteristic as input character in function.

My client doesn't want to create a separate characteristic for warranty .

I was thinking of using a user exit where we validate configuration and give message. Please advice me what is your thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Prasad Rao,

You can use precondition to hide one of the characterstic. if another one is selected.

Krishna Prasad Rao wrote:

I would like to validate configuration is the sales order.Could you please suggest me how can achieve this technically?

Ex.

I have a multi value characteristic in my model

Accesories_car

Warranty 2 year

Warranty 4 year

GPS

DVD player

Accesories_car is a multi value characteristic, but user must not select Warranty 2 year and 4 Year. I tried to use function but I cannot use Multi value characteristic as input character in function.

My client doesn't want to create a separate characteristic for warranty .

I was thinking of using a user exit where we validate configuration and give message. Please advice me what is your thoughts?

create precondition with syntex "  NOT ( Accesories_CAR  = ‘Warranty 2 year’)  and assign it to value " warranty 4 years and anothe rprecondition with

NOT ( Accesories_CAR  = ‘Warranty 4 year’) and assign it to value " warranty 2 years.

check below link for more details on precondition.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

try out and let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ritesh, but Precondition will not completely solve my problem. See my response below

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a precondition to assign against each value if there is criteria stating why the user cannot select it.

For example, if the user cannot select 2-year or 4-year because of a previous option selection, then write a precondition dependency to resolve (as follows) -

PRECONDITION (user must have selected OPTION A in order to select 2 yr or 4 yr)

CHAR1 = 'OPTION A'

This logic tells the system that if CHAR1 is not option A, then 2yr and 4 yr will not show up (provided you have assigned the precondition to both values).

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael for your answer.

I didn't explain my problem clearly.

Characteristic:

Accesories_car (Multiple value characteristic)

Warranty 2 year

Warranty 4 year

GPS

DVD player

If I set up a precondition, the system gives inconsistency if both 2year and 4 year selected, but doesn't give any message "why it is inconsistent" that is the reason I tried to pass these values to a function module using variant function so that I can give more more clear message than just inconsistency. Since it is a multi value characteristic, it doesn't let me use variant function.

Also I have a condition I should select 3 out of 4 characteristic values.

That is the reason I am thinking of using an exit or something to check inconsistency.

Does anyone have any idea how do we achieve technically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Why don't you try this precondition for value "Warranty 2 year"?:

NOT (Accesories_car = Warranty 4 year AND Accesories_car = GPS AND Accesories_car = DVD player)

If you set up similar preconditions into the other 3 values the system will make disappear the 4th value whenever other 3 values have already been ticked.

This way you make sure only 3 out of the 4 are selected and you will never get an inconsistency.

If you want to select the hidden value you will have to deselect one of the other 3.

I hope this can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are answer is helpful. This solution works when user selects 3 values and hit enter, but doesn't prevent user from selecting fourth one unless hits enter after 3 selections.I have mentioned an example with 4 values but I have 72 values to deal with and It would not be nice when they get inconsistency message and system doesn't give more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I don't want to oversimplify your requirement, and i know your client does not want a separate characteristic for just warranty - if your requirement for 3 options at any given time is set in stone (even with 72 values), could you perhaps create 3 separate characteristics (all with the same 72 values) and make them single value?  This may be more characteristics but it gives you much better control over value restriction and constraints could be used to avoid duplicate values.

Thanks,

Mike

--Also meant to say that if you still need it, you could create a characteristic as a message that would show up when a user selected too many values (as per below):

CHAR - VALUE_LIMIT

CHAR VALUE - Y

CHAR DESC - LIMIT OF THREE VALUES!!!

Then just set that char to display at all times.

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am a little confused why won't the pre-condition method suggested by . If you have the pre-condition set up, won't it automatically prevent the second warranty value from being displayed in the value help if the first has already been selected?

I don't want to hijack your thread for my clarifications but I am curious.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not working as per user requirement using Preconditions. I will try to use user exit is sales order and call VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION and validate after configuration.