cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to use G/L in Org Structure attribute (PM_GL_ACCT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Guru's,

We are trying to use G/L in Org Structure attribute (PM_GL_ACCT) so that a default GL can be set in org. structure verse SPRO setting.

When populating GL account field we are receiving following error.

Entry "43010" is too long. Maximum: 000001

Message no. DB861

Am I missing a table or some config ? Our GL's are 5 digits which is within number of characters allowed from what I can see.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

Please refer Note 1030200 - PPOMA_BBP: Error DB 861 which state same issue you are facing. In there Program given to expand the internal length of the attribute.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ritesh - that worked

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

I do not recommend that modification, standard attribute was working as designed by SAP and do not have any functionability in your SAP documents (does not work as a filter to choose other GL accounts). The attribute is a PM complement to SAP SRM.

If you want to implement a new custom logic based on this modified standard attributes I recommend you to make a it with a non standard (metadata enhancement) to the PPOMA_BBP.

Anyways, the response is answered because the length was increased, but not in the recommended way to solve your requirement.

In SAP ECC you have a transaction called OBYC where you assign your GL accounts  based on material master data. See that with an MM consultant.

Good luck.

Regards,

Sebastián

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you very much for providing information on the standard use of this attribute.

Can you direct me to documentation on PM: attributes/functionality ?

We did implement in dev, and found what you stated - that does not have the functionality requested.

Can you direct me to documentation on standard PM: attributes/functionality ?

Thanks for your input,

Kim

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Sorry for the delay, search the documentation provided for Organizational Structure under your OSS user Release & Upgrade Documentation.

Kind Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the length of the attribute field be changed ?  It is currently limited to one character. GL codes are 5 characters

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

You can change the lenght of this attribute, but by adding GL Accounts there you will still being able to use any GL Account in your SRM documents.

What is the main reason to do that by adding attributes?

The GL account is determined by other factors and could be customized in SPRO IMG or by adding your own logic or like the one provided by the OBYC.

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for the response.

We have a requirement from one of our plants to specify default GL by prod. category & account assignment type which is different than what we have mapped in IMG.

I was exploring the use of attribute to see if this could address this requirement.

What is OBYC ?

Any recommendations as to how to set a default GL by Plant/ Prod. category / account assignment type ? without use of BADI

Thanks in advance,

Kim