cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red traffic light in J1I5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While extracting the registers for RG23 part 1 classification as IIM and after executing i found some of the material document came with a red traffic light.

Could you please explain why such a thing happens, what do the red traffic light convey? What is the error and what can be done to remove the same?

All the material documents are related to issue to prodution with some of them are subcontracting

Please explain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

red traffic lights mean severals.

1. You donot have sufficient quantity

2. You have not posted previous transactions

3. Issue in J1ID

Most common cause for red signal is defiency in receipt quantity owning to which you can not update register for issue quantity. If you print registers on the day issue quantity is to be posted, you will come to know of this by matching opening and closing balances for this material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

The issue seems that the registers have not been updated for some time now and hence may be the reason.

another doubt is that even if i update the receipts first and then the issue the traffic lights appear red. My doubt is that J1id for these materials are maintained and the issue mainly comes for IIM. Could it be that the receipt fr the same could not have been updated in the previous month register and hence the issues for same material happening this month are showing with a red light?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing to do with Previous or current period. System only check whether sufficient stock is there in J_1IRGSUM for the Excise group, Material and Register type to update Issues with IIM. If not, then you will get the said error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So does it mean the material issued and received quantities dont match or if the J1ID was not maintained fr the received material coz I have got error in Issues even after doing a receipt first, so what should i look for, what might be the error

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did you observed in J_1IRGSUM for your Material, Excise group and Excise register type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the particular materials I am looking the issue came for the month of oct, in the table i have cum receipt more than cum issues

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell us what is the selection criteria you used to update the IIM in J1I5.

Also check the Last Extraction date...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to seat with user and find out all excisable transactions which are not posted in registers. Then post then in proper sequence. Ensure that receipts and issues are in sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would like to clear here. Dates matters. Issues and receipts in excise need to be in sync.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the above, You must start the extraction / updation from the date where it was stopped last. Use Last extraction date and check when it was last updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

I did sit with the users and first checked the last extraction date and from there onward updated all transaction types, receipts first and issues later. Most of them are green now unlike earlier but still I am getting some of them with red traffic light.

Can it happen that for the last period it was extracted the red traffic light would follow to the next period?

As of now the process has been explained and the user updates on daily basis instead of monthly or even later

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run MB51 Report for the Material which is appearing in Red traffic light in J1I5 and check whether all the excise relevant material documents were updated correctly every month in Excise Part 1 register.

Else you will have to match Opening and Closing of Excise Part1 by cross checking MB51 report. In this way, you get a clear picture.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Red traffic light means you donot have sufficient stock in relevant Excise register for Updating Goods issue with IIM. Of course there could be other reasons also.

You must update the Receipts first with ROP in Case of RG23A/C and then Issues (IIM or IPD) in J1I5. Check J_1IRGSUM table.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before using IIM in J1I5, you need to update receipts first by using ROP. The standard process is to first update receipt (ROP) and then issue (IIM).

Go through the SAP Note, Note 1673612 - Frequently asked questions for Registers