Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Portal to SRM ERP

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have a requirement, where the information entered in SRM portal will be saved and it is stored in some Z tables. so by using PI i have to fetch that data and send it to the SRM ERP. In response i have to fetch some data from SRM ERP to the SRM portal.

so can anyone guide me, how to achieve this? i mean the basic approach and prerequisites.

which adapters are best suited to achieve this.

thank in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if this falls in standard scenarios of PI ? if yes there is a standard Content provided by SAP already...

if this is your custom requirement then for fetching the data from SRM via PI proxy can be used .

and for posting data to ECC depends on your data /business process you have to check whether any idoc /RFC 's are avialable if so you can make use of them else again you have to go for proxy here as well..

In brief SRM(Proxy) -PI - ECC ( Proxy/RFC/IDoc)

HTH

Rajesh

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks a lot for your response.

if we use proxy, do we need to use any functional modules to read the data from Z tables?

as per my knowledge, if we use RFC, we should use FM/BAPI s to read the data from Z_ tables. like RFC_READ_TABLE.

so if is there any other way to achieve this,with out using FM/BAPIs, please guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Proxy you can write the logic for reading the data from the Z tables ..and not required any FM's..

HTH

Rajesh

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

My requirement got changed like  where i need to fetch the purchase orders from ECC based on vender code in SRM.

Request   :  SAP SRM --> ECC

Response:  ECC --> SAP SRM

can we get the real time data?

The back end process is like, user will enter the vendor no in SRM portal, by using web dynpro program, that id will send to SRM.

i have to read that ID and send the request to ECC for purchase orders under that vendor no.

From ECC i have to fetch the purchase order details and send it SRM.

From SRM the that data will be send to SRM portal.

when the user enters his vender no in portal, it should fetch the data from ECC and the result should be displayed in SRM Portal.

Flow will be : SRM portal--> SRM server--> PI--> ECC  Request

ECC--> PI--> SRM server--> SRM portal

can anyone suggest, how to achieve it and which adapters we can use to achieve better performance, as we need to fetch the real time data.