cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming or Transferring data from SAP PI t0 ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am new to SAP XI/PI. I want to ask how can we transfer data from PI to ECC. Suppose, we want to integrate our system from other side. The other side has sent us a WSDL file and using that file we can see data from their side. Now, my question is, the data that is on another side, which is i am getting through PI, how can i transfer or put this data back to ECC system on my side?

Thanks and waiting for your replies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dipaks_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

There are three adapter to communicate to ECC using Pi.

1.RFC

2.IDOC

3.PROXY

RFC and PROXY can be used for both synchronous and asynchronous.

IDOC is mostly used for   asynchronous.

Regards,

Dipak Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If ECC system WAS > 640 you can use proxy.

Go for proxy when you have huge amount of payload and if there is any SLA need to met .

Go for IDOC if standard IDOC is available and if it is asynchronous .

Go for RFC if it synchronous requirement and only if the requirement demands go for this else choose proxy instead.

Proxy intern have ABAP and Java Proxies .Based on your req choose either of these

Regards

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Depending on your Business functionality you need to choose the below mode of transfer data to your ECC System.

RFC  or IDOC or PROXY

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all friends, thanks very much for you replies. i have check on google.i think mostly proxy is being used for this purpose. Can anyone send me link of any tutorial for "consuming the web service". I do have WSDL file from other side and i can see the data by using XML spy. Now i want to bring this data in ECC. If any of you have tutorial of this, i will be much appreciative. Thanks

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Can anyone send me link of any tutorial for "consuming the web service". I do have WSDL file from other side and i can see the data by using XML spy

If you are having WSDL and you are going to consume web service, you need soap reciever adapter and look for scn forum as soap receiver scenarios.  You might want to see this link or tutorial as a starting point.

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/113/

The above link gives idea about both soap sender and receiver configuration. YOu basically need to import wsdl in ESR and use as the message type. You dont need to create data structure for the receiver or inbound interface.  Sender side you can use as per business requirement.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Please find the below scenario:

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFCtoSOAP/page1.htm

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emran,

As you said its WSDL, you can import your WSDL as a External Definition into SAP PI ESR, work out the rest of design part.

In ID you can use SOAP Sender Adapter to receive data into SAP PI Systems -> Can use RFC, IDoc Receiver Adapters to receive data in ECC, work out the rest of configuration part.

Or you can use BAPI or Proxy as per your ECC requirement at receiver end.

More precisely, it will look like SOAP -> SAP PI -> IDOC or RFC (BAPI or Proxy)

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil