cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1.3, native iOS App Database File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

i build a native iOS Application (replication based) with the Sybase Unwired Plattform 2.1.3. When I create the Database with this line off code:

[SM4R_BFSM4R_BFDB createDatabase];

The SUP-Api creates different file in my iOS Documents-folder:

"mo_messaging.sql",

"ProjectName/Versioncode_cid.txt",

"OBData"-folder and the

"DEFAULT.udb"

The *.udb file is the ultraLiteDatabse but what are the other files? Which function do the have?

Is it possible to create the Database in a other app-folder since the "Documents"-folder? My favorite Folder would ne the Library/Data folder from the iOS App?

Thanks, best regards

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, if the objecAPI does not provide any documented way of doing it, it is not supported.

And, why would you want to do that, anyway? I do not see any added value besides proving the point that it could be done.

The same is true for "the other files" - not sure why you want to mess with them. The best thing that can happen after you messed around, is that it still works (which it should have right from the start without you toying around). The worst thing is, it does not work. Then you are out of support because you messed with the internal structures of the client and once support finds out you are on your own.

Not sure if you have enough time in your projects for this, but I do not 🙂

BTW:

OB_Messaging.sql + OBData folder are both related to the messaging part of the SUP communication. With 2.1.3 data transprot is done via replication (Mobilink into Ultralite) and the registration, push notification etc via the messaging. So you are actually using Messaging + Replication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Dirk,

thanks for your comment.

The opportunity behind this question is the dataprotection in  iOS. The Document folder in iOS isnt a realy save place. You have access with iTunes to this folder in the app.

TX,

André

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor

Answers (0)