Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate records

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

In File to IDoc scenario,

File has information of Customer and Idoc creates/ updates customer information.

At Idoc end:

Validation of Customer Existence

Create / Update Customer.

In my scenario, serialization is not done. (Not preferred)

For couple of time, multiple files are generated for a single customer in short time.

I don't have control on generation of file.

I have o handle these things on XI front.

Please help me, how should i proceed for this.

Thanking you in advance.

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope file generation side itself the duplicate file generation error rectified.. .if this type of situations is existed this is not proper way...

maintain such mechanism to handle this..

Offcourse we have some serialisation mechanism .. this is because we would have to use in a situation where the create record first to be executed but update record to be executed later.. i mean business functionality handling..

so we can have some serialisation technique.. with the help of serial field in IDoc or With the help of id or Message id .. in JMS Adapter.. or serialization with JMS ..

or EOIO queue to send ..

Or maintain sender side itself..

Please see the below link

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/11/26/content-based-serialization-dynamic-queue-name-in-xi

Regards

Chilla..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi piyush

mutiple idocs psoted over the same cutomer numer for creation can be controlled in the mapping phase using a rfc call which checks the customer existence..if yes then u might not map else map the source to target. But updation in this case might not be as flexible becoz it is a tedious task on to trace the views that has been changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai , Prabhu;

Thanks for the clarification.

I have thought that i will send the first file and keep the next file having same customer info waiting for some time.

Hence i have told 5000 WPs.

Thanks

Piyush

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Piyush,

One option ~Collect the multiple files in XI using a BPM and then combine the data as you want using a N:1 mapping and then post the customer info to the SAP system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

BPM will be one of the option with which i can go forward.

But the performance of BPM is a concern for me.

XI process 5000 files per day. So there will be 5000 WP will be created.

Is there any work around on this?

Thanks,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

>>XI process 5000 files per day. So there will be 5000 WP will be created

No... One WP will be created and it will wait for 5000 files and continue the processing.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Piyush,

You will need to have a collect pattern in XI's BPM so that you can collect all the files you want and then push it to the SAP system.

Like pointed by Jai you will have only one BPM that will be active and instantiated waiting for the files. But, having a BPM waiting for such a long time is not recommended.

The best ( ideal ) thing to do would be to ask the Sending System to make sure that the data is serialized.

Another option would be to write a script in XI that will collect and bundle all these files into a single file inside a staging folder and then finally push this file to XI so that nothing need to be changed in XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Can you please elaborate on the script option?

I think that will be more useful.

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the featured blog on SDN XI home page by MIchal?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Piyush

Ask the sending System to push the folders into a Staging Folder or anoy folder on the XI server. Write a Unix Shell Script that will combine these multiple files into a single file.

At some particualr time of the day, the script can combind all these files into a single file and then move it into the folder in which XI's file adapter is waiting for the file.

This is a standard Shell Script requirement and a Unix Admin can give you the finer detauls of such an implementation in details including the pro's and cons!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the clarification.

I will work on this option.

Regards

Piyush