Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO upgrade pre-requisites and precautions

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is upgrade te APO oracle database from 10g to 11g. There is NO upgrade to livecache database. I would like to know what would be the impact this might have on the APO data. Please advice on the precautions to be taken.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmanamurthy,

I have never seen any functional problems moving from a lower oracle release to a higher release in SCM Server (which contains APO).  From a functional perspective, the change is usually transparent.

Any issues will be covered in the upgrade guide.  The basis team should have a downloaded it.

Ask them for a copy if you are interested.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

hi DB49,

Thank you for the response. Will there be a loss of transactional data and need to run /n/sapapo/tscube.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmanamurthy,

As such, we don't see any transectional data loss, but keeping a backup of data is always advised.

Also once upgrade is done, i am sure you will be running all the transection (testing), to make sure nothing is impacted.

We have faced issue in GATP BOP, after Oracle upgrade for one of our client, the upgrade was not done correctly in our case, so be cautious and alert is always good.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, please close the thread, if your query is answered.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (0)