Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 Priority field defaulting

FrancoisCrous
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently upgraded to Solman 7.1 and we would like to default the Priority. Users can log calls in the source systems and set the priority to Very High, High Medium or low.  We did a different mapping to this in SAP Solman which is basically the call type, i.e. Bug 1, Bug 2, Bug3, Incident, Minor Enhancement, Major Enhancement, Project etc and our SLA calcs are linked to this.

We want all the incidents coming in to be defaulted to Incident (which is the Low option from the source system).  The consultants will look at the incident and determine the work involved.

I have configured the default setting on the transaction to default to Low, but whatever the user selects still comes through.  Is there another way of forcing this value in Solman to the number 4 position / Low?

Regards,

Francois Crous

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francois

SAP has already provided a BADI for customizing priority etc  in case of help->create support option ( managed system)

SBCOS001

implement above BADI which allows you to influence the component, the short text and the priority.

Hope this resolves your issue

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

incidents from satellite systems are created with function module SUP_STSUP_NOTIFICATION_CREATE.

In the input parameter IS_NOTIF_EXT is a field PRIORITY, where the user selected priority is stored (number 1 to 4 ).

If you want to create all incidents with priority 4, you could enhance this function module at the beginning und simply add the following line:

is_notif_ext-priority = 4.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Please check the following configuration:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities (Optional) -> Application Incident Management (Service Desk) -> Transactions -> Define Transaction Types. You can get to the same configuration under Change Management as well.

Select the transaction type for which you want to set the default priority (ZMIN, ZMPR, etc).

Select Assignment of Business Transaction Categories.

Select Transaction Category: BUS2000126 Business Activity and select Customizing header.

Under default data you should be able to set a default Priority.

Kindest regards

Paul Maraijko

FrancoisCrous
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  I did do this initially but as soon as a user picks another Priority it overwrites the incident Default in this config.

I got one of our ABAPERs to implement a Z* BADI of definition ORDER_SAVE. In the BADI method CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE where he receives the  object guid number which represent incident number the program override priority input from user to a default priority(4), function module. CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN manipulates the incident fields attributes.

This worked fine but what we are picking up now is that if some changes within the Incident are made, it changes the priority back to 4 even if you set it to 1 or 2.  So still looking.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restricting the Priority can be done using Security.

Please check the Authorization object associated with Priority field and you assign default values for the same.i have tried and tested the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the authorization Object CRM_ORDER you can restrict Activity which will result in restricting priority and category.

Best option would be differentiating users such as Message creator and Message processor and accordingly assigning the mention Authorization object and activity.