cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 AEX with ABAP consumer proxy - set sender party

HaraldBoeing
Explorer
0 Kudos

I hope somebody will point out that I'm missing something obvious. As part of my interface setup I try to group interfaces logically by assigning proper parties to them. However, I'm unable to set the sending party for an ABAP consumer proxy that sends a message to a PI 7.31 AEX (Java-only stack).

I researched the following:

Can anybody enlighten me how it's done?

Thanks, harald

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity, did you find a solution to your "ancient" problem? 🙂

HaraldBoeing
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I had given up as it seemed that nobody had a solution to this problem. However, as you replied to my really old question, I noticed in the related questions a link to ABAP Proxy with Party from 2009, where udo.martens provided the answer: Looks like you simply have to pick the party when you create the communication component by assigning the business system from the SLD, you can pick the party that you want to assign. Duh!

Looks like I did poor research as I had missed this question and answer (from 2009!) and in hindsight it seems that this is a spot that I should have looked at. Thanks for commenting on this old question as it caused me to take another look. I must admit that I haven't tested the solution as I just saw it and I don't want to update at this time all our configurations. However, I'm convinced it would work.

Cheers, Harald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Party can be set via the below configuration step

SXMB_ADM - sender/Receiver Definition -> provide the details of your sender interface along with the Sender party details..

HTH

Rajesh

HaraldBoeing
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please provide more details as to my understanding the config entry Configure Sender/Receiver ID cannot be used to change message parameters. Instead the parameters are used to drive other configuration options for specific messages or a group of messages like for example using different IS URL's (e.g. see OSS note 1334174 - Interface-specific IS_URL parameter) or setting up Event driven message processing.

Regards, harald

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

Have a look at below blog by Sandeep Sharma, you may get some helpful inputs.

Step by Step Proxy by Sandeep Sharma.

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

HaraldBoeing
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I went through the document, but couldn't find anything related to my question. Let me know if I overlooked it in the long 36 page document... 😉

Thanks, harald