Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd e experts

i have one doubt regarding BOM

in sales order and delivery we can see Sub items but not in billing but in some business

they use to give so many sub items for ex if sub items are 20 to 25 just think like this then how customer will count all sub items i got it , while dispatching goods also how they know theese are sub items bz in business process all they cant remamber 

ex

ABC IS MAIN ITEM,, AND  25 PRODUCTS ARE Sub items

CVB is main item and 22 products are sub item so how to check we have send correct stock

i hope  you understand

plz help me dear i am very confused

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

1. Technical related:

Why (due to what configuration; not the business reason) in billing document sub-items are not visible?

Venu wrote:

in sales order and delivery we can see Sub items but not in billing but in some business

2. Business process

then how customer will count all sub items

a. Goods being picked and then PGI done - This has already being explained by JP

b. Goods received by SH (customer) - The truck driver (leaving from the delivering plant) takes the print out of the delivery note along with him, to the delivery address / SH.

There the receiving party checks, compares the goods in the truck with the goods mentioned in the delivery note.

If it matches then the SH staff, signs and returns a copy of the delivery note to the truck driver.

The truck driver in turn returns that note to the company.

c. Billing - Billing is done by the company, based on the confirmation of information in (the returned) delivery.

Note: Business processes may differ.

The above is based on my experience.

Side comment: Try to visualize the physical movement of goods.

And realize that different departments and different staff shall do different activities (of an entire process)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Which kind of BOM pricing you are using?

Main Item Level Pricing(ERLA)

or

Sub Item Level Pricing(LUMF)

Based on your level pricing, you decide billing relevence for the item.

Further, I hope you provide picking list(transfer order) of delivery to the customer

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jp sir

For main item pricing ERLA

PLZ Could you explain little bit more plz plz

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

main item pricing ERLA

If that is the case, then pricing and billing relevence is for the main item. As sub-item, if sub items are price, it is statistical, will have no impact on accounting. And it doesn't make any sense to take them to billing is no issue.

Further, your query,

they use to give so many sub items for ex if sub items are 20 to 25 just think like this then how customer will count all sub items they got it ,

You are delivering stocked sub item, then you have creating delivery doc. The picking list created for delivery can be used for above. Further, you don't show your billing doc on SAP to your customer, where as you provide physical print/output of the bill. So, with the help of an ABABer, you can get the sub-level items in the print of the output.

I hope this would help.

Regards, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

I found your post helpful. Thank you!

One question:

You are delivering stocked sub item, then you have creating delivery doc. 

What did you mean by the above statement?

(also, why did you use "then"......? Is this the sequence of events?)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

In process of replying back quickly. I believe. I ate few of the words from the sentence. It should have been: "You are delivering stocked sub-item, then you have to create delivery doc."

That means to capture outward movement inventory, you need delivery doc.

Hope that clarifies. Thanks for pointing out.

Regards, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

I have the doubt with regards to the sequence of events -

"You are delivering stocked sub-item, then youhave to create delivery doc."

Please explain:

Do you mean that the goods pertaining to sub-items has been delivered. Thereafter (to maintain the correct stock counts in SAP) a delivery document is created?

If this is the case, then how is the warehouse staff making use of the picking list which I am presuming is a print out from SAP, after delivery note(s) are created?

Furthermore, why would the above sequence of events be done on a regular basis?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did I meant like that?

Then let me rephrase that again,

"If you have to deliver an inventoried  sub-item, then you have to create delivery doc for them and complete the PGI."

And I believe you already got the jest of that when you said:

a- Goods being picked and then PGI done - This has already being explained by JP

Right?

Thanks, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

Thanks for your post!

I can say it was a case of misinterpretation - I thought "then" as: do activity X then / thereafter activity Y.

But you where conveying "then" as: if you want to do activity X, in that case you have to do activity Y.

My comment "a......This has already being explained by JP" was based on the warehouse staff does picking based on the picking list.

Side comment: As I already mentioned, I found your post helpful.