Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrypting a payload field (only) in ESR mapping using a key

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a synchronous interface SOAP (initiator) to RFC and back to SOAP. We are supposed to get an encrypted credit card number from RFC in the Response payload. And, we have to decrypt that Credit Card number in PI ESR mapping and only send last four digits back to the calling system. We are gonna be provided with a decryption key by the ECC team. My question was how to use this decryption key in PI ESR mapping to decrypt the credit card number. Do I need a dedicated Java code to achieve this or is there an existing function in PI to do this? You answer is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Standard function available for this, now a days this type of things coming very frequently. please update SCN about your final solution.

regards,

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you need java mapping or some UDF to handle this. You could see this link for the custom algorithm as a starting point... The site uses AES algorithm for the encryption.

http://www.code2learn.com/2011/06/encryption-and-decryption-of-data-using.html

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patel,

>>> My question was how to use this decryption key in PI ESR mapping to decrypt the credit card number. Do I need a dedicated Java code to achieve this or is there an existing function in PI to do this?

You need to go for Java code..

Cheers

Agasthuri

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

You have to check with ECC team for encryping/decryption algorithm. Check if it is open standard encryption/decryption algorithm and if so there should be some standard java API's already available. Otherwise you have write custom algorithm in java (UDF) to decrypt the content.

Regards,
Praveen Gujjeti

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thank you for your response. Even in case of an open encryption/decryption algorithm, I will need a UDF to use that java api. right?  I was looking for some kind of built-in functionality via graphical mapping.

Thanks,

Mayur