cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Metrics for SAP HA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Solution Manager 7.1 SP6 and our Managed Systems is SAP Portal Application on SAP Netweaver 7.3. We are testing on our Quality Portal System
which is SAP HA on Oracle RAC. The HA services reside on a virtual ip/hostname. We also have two dialog instances installed. SMD Agents and IS Agents are
installed on all these servers including the VIP. However on the Wily Workstation/Webview, the SMD Agents and SAP Netweaver from all these servers
except the VIP. Wily is able to pull up only the Host Agent metrics for the VIP but the SAP Java instance does not show up. The IS Agent was successfully
installed for this instance. We absolutely need the metrics as we will be measuring the Response times to the backend systems.

I checked the dialog instance and wily is able to pull up the Host Agent Metrics as well as the Java instance metrics inclusing responsetimes to backend systems.

Can you please let me know if there is a special configuration that needs to be performed either on SolMan or the SAP HA (VIP) so that wily can pick up the
java instance metrics?

I have attached error in the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log file under /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope/logs.

The files em.ISAgentMapping.xml and em.ISMetricCollectionDefinition.xml under the following directory are empty.

usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.e2emai\MAI

Please help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what metrics you want to get from the VIP (you mention Java instance metrics?) but see SAP note 1738351 for general instructions on how to connect Oracle RAC to Solution Manager 7.1.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1738351

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samuli,

We need the metrics for the Java instance installed on the VIP. I mentioned Oracle RAC to explain how the system is built. The database is not a concern here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me get this straight. You are running a Java instance in a VIP? What Java instance? Why? Oracle RAC will not protect your Java instance.

Anyway, SAP note 1738351 is still relevant. You will have to make sure the reported hostname stays the same regardless on which node the instance is running.