cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have created different subcategories in CMC Categories folder but this is not visible on IPAD it does not recognize anything below parent folder irrespective of the reports or folder structure changes.I assume it does not support subcategory settings, works fine with only one category and Mobile category.  Can you help me with best practics or the formate used in your organization to define subcategories.

APP name : SAP BI Mobile : Version 4.4.18 Build 11 (219411)

Categories structure:

Mobile, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales Analytics etc :  Works fine on IPAD all visible.

Mobile, Sales/Analysis/Accounting, Sales/Distribution, Manufacturing/Automobile etc : Does not work (/) subfolder.

Please help.

Thanks,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Subcategories are not supported yet.

All categories for use in Mobi - the control categories (Mobile, Confidential, MobileDesigned), or the sorting categories (Sales, Finance, Marketing, etc), must be top-level categories.

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Having all reports like for Sales in one category would be a security concern.

How can we handle this what would be the best way to handle if we need different categories for Sales would something like Sales - xxxxx only option.

Thanks,

Prakash

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Interesting point - however, security should be handled through folders and access rights on those objects.

IMO, categories should be considered a convenience, not a security mechanism. You can set security on categories, but that will complicate your security model.

In your case, you have Sales/Distribution and Sales/Analysis. One option would be to set this up in the folder structure and set the right for different user groups there.

Then add all docs to the Sales category.

If user A has rights to both subfolders, he can see all documents under the Sales category on the device.

If user B has access only to the /Analysis folder, she will only see those docs, even though the /Distribution docs are in the Sales category.

Does that help?

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried setting up group on the report but the User would not be able to view unless the group in applied on category level. So I will have to update both group on Category level.

I think I would have only one option left with abbrivating Sales and applying Group relevantley

How is it followed in your organization or anyother organization any idea.

Thanks,

Prakash