Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End date of inspection lot respected in ATP check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help for solving following scenario:

The production of material is finished, but material is too hot to be sold yet. After e. g. 10 days of cooling it is salable, but until then it should be not considered as available - also in ATP-check.

The intended solution is to using QM module:

At end of production goods receipt is posted to quality inspection stock and automatically an inspection lot for 100% of the receipt quantity is created. End date of inspection lot is in 10 days (based on Average Inspection Duration in material master).

My question is: is it possible to take the end date of an inspection lot into account during ATP check? So e. g. an sales order could not be confirmed for today but for today + 10 days?

In customizing I can set by "availability check control" that quality inspection stock is available in general but there is no option to consider inspection lot as an "inward movement".

Any help or other suggestions for different solution to my scenario would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you include QI stock in the screen print you provided, ATP SHOULD work as follows:

Prior to the inspection lot being created, it will use the number of days in  "GR processing time" from the material master (QM view).

After the inspection lot is created, the inspection lot end date should be used as the availability date of the material.  This is standard SAP.

That said, many companies put in user extis and customizations around ATP so make sure that there is nothing that is interfering with the standard process.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fire Fighter wrote:

After the inspection lot is created, the inspection lot end date should be used as the availability date of the material.  This is standard SAP.

After I checked quality inspection stock in ATP checking rule the system differentiates between quality inspection stock and inspection lot. I did not expect that because inspection lots cannot be chosen as inward movements...

Thanks!

Answers (0)