Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly is QM systems importance in Audit - error found

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created the audit plan. Then the audit. The audit plan is released. Now when i am trying to release the audit it shows an error.

screenshot given below.

Now  the error clearly says to maintain Qm system. when i do f4 there is absolutely no entry. did i miss any config?

the error says :

Enter object (QM System)

Message no. PLM_AUDIT025

Can anybody please guide me what is happening?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I haven't implemented this at a client personally.  So I could be way off base here but is looks like no one is relpying either.

I believe that this is related to a configuration entry 5000 in the valuation profile. - Verification of QM System.

What exactly it's realated to I'm not sure.  Are you auditing a vendor in relation to their QM system?  i.e. ISO 9000?  90001? etc....

If so, it might be necessary that you maintain the vendor's QM system in a vendor's Q-info record.

Or it might be related to some missing config related to that 5000 entry.

I think the error message is that the system cannot either determine the QM system of the vendor you're evaluating.. OR you need to define the QM systems you are auditing via the audit module.

So the audit is set up to evaluate a 9001 system and all the questions are related to that type of system.  You then audit a 9001 vendor with a 9001 audit.  You audit a 9002 vendor with a 9002 audit. 

Not sure this will help.. but maybe it will point you in the right direction.

FF

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

I got the solution. I will tell u how... in audit type definition  there is something on addition of business objects. For business partner the object was there but for qm system it was nto present. when i added the business object in config it started working. But i appreciate your help.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

HI FF,

I am not auditing vendor but its an internal audit for processes. the client want to check whether the process are followed as per iso scenarios or not. Its a good challenge for me. please  can u look into my other threads  regarding audits management issues. Currently i have created the audit plan , audit , questions. Now how do u think  i can input the data / answers /replies to teh audit questions. Is there any way i can input them or is it a manual process(i may  lack basic knowledge as in sap help the process is given but no user guidance is present. If the participants answer them hwo do i feed the corrective and preventive measures in audit. How do i valuate the audit. do i have to do them manually or it cna be done automatically.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that the answer to many of your additional questoins are "It depends".

Again, I'm not that familar with this process and would have to spend a ton of time in a system playing with to answer some of your questions which isn't going to happen right now.

But i beleive you can set up your audits so the users answer some or all of the questions.  Or you just let the auditor do it.  Valuatoin should be able to be made automatic but again i beleive that is all how you design the process.  CAPA processes can be quite involved and usually include several modules of SAP which could range from QM, Workflow, Audit, etc...

FF

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

i appreciate that

Answers (0)