Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro fire plug of one view from another view

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have created 4 views say Header1, Header2, Logon, Overview. I am calling Header1 in "Logon" view by embedding into VewcontainerUIElement declared in "Logon" view. Similarly, I am calling Header2 into "Overview" view. Now I have created Inbound and Outbound Plug in Logon and Overview .

My Action Methods on button say "Login" and "Logout" are defined in Header1 and Header2 respectively.

I have made the navigation in windows from Logon to Overview and similarly from Overview to Logon.

I have written my code for action Login and Logout in Header1 and Header2. Now I am getting error that :

Method "FIRE_TO_PM_OVERVIEW_PLG" is unknown or PROTECTED or PRIVATE.  

I can even see here that calling method is not in the same view. But I need to fire this plug. Can we do this. If yes then than how can we do this. Please let me help.

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont have to write the code for firing the plug. Just select the outbound plug for the particular action in the on action property of the button.

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Narayana, Thanks for your reply.

I understand we can select the outbond plug in th particular action property, but only when the outbond plug will available in same view. my button is in View called Header1 , I am embedding that view to another view called login view with VewcontainerUIElement. I have defined outbond plug in login view. My default view is login view.

Now my question is how can I navigate to another view called Overview, by clicking on login button, which is created in view called header1.

Please let me know the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you create outbound plug in header1 view itself as your button is in header1 and create inbound plug in overview and link outbound plug of header1 to inbound plug of overview.  Link the button to outbound plug or header1 which is connected to inbound plug of overview.

if your default view is login then how are you navigating to header1 before pressing login button?

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Actually I am embedding Header1 inside login view. And calling login view as default.

I have tried with giving outbond plug in header1 where I am having login button. and assigned outbond plug to the button action properties.

In the windows section I have mapped view header1 outbond plug with overview inbound plug. But while click on login button I am unable to navigate from login page to overview page.

While one scenario I have made header1 as a default view and clicked on login button, It successfully navigate from header1 to overview.

Please let me know where I am wrong.

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved I was making mistake while mapping the navigation. Thanks for your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's good to hear.....

Please inform the mistake you did and how you solved which will help others who gets the same problem.

thanks.

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am having 5 buttons in View Header1. I am embedding Header1 into logon view by ViewcontainerUIElement. I have defined oubondlugs plugs in header1 for all the buttons I have created.

Now I have mapped in windows like:

from header1 outbondplug to view overview inboundplug,

header1 outbond plug to view bucketlist inboundplug.

Similarly I have done for all the pages.

Here I have created one header having multiple buttons to be used in more than one views and embedded that header view to another view, this is because I would not have to create these header with button in all the pages.