Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies between Inspection Lots

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

is it possible to make a dependecie between two inspection lots?

Background: The inspection lots for some of our raw materials have long term characteristics. For the inspection lot of the finished product it should be forbiden to make the usage decision before the the long term characteristice for the raw material is recorded.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  you cannot with standard SAP.

You can't the completion of the 01 long-term characterisitics to the UD of the 04 lot using standard SAP.

You can howver implement a user exit to perform that check. 

Use

QEVA0010 UD: Usage decision check                                   

In here you could create the coding necessary to do what you want.  I would suggest utilizing the batch-where used program as a base.  Use that to obtain all raw material inspection lots and then verify that the LT inspecitons have all been completed.  If not, than either block the UD or issue a warning to the user.

FF

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks ! Will try that out !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this scenario as-

For Inspection type 01 (GR for RM), create Status profile as No Stock posting before Result recording & assign this to Inspection type 01.

For this you cant use this stock for FG as that is not inspected.

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i thought about this also, but the recording for the long term charc. is too long for the company to wait for. They work with the raw material before the long term charc are recored. If the charc. is out of spec the FG that is build with the RG is banned.

regards

daniel

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned They work with the raw material before the long term charc are recored.

In both the case You have to record the results, without entering the results (i.e.Upper/ lower limit ) How system consider the raw material results?

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well now you can make the usage decision before recording these long term charc.

I thought your way was to restrict the ud of the RG as long not all charc are recored?

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can try this.

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

That won't work because the RM is needed in production before all long term charc are recorded.