cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortage Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario PO qty - 100, MIGO qty - 90, Accepted qty - 90, shortage qty - 10

When I enter the qty in QA32, as off now  accepted qty moved to unrestricted stock and shortage qty is moving to blocked status.

For the shortage qty which moved to blocked status we are unable to do MIGO using the same PO no.

I would like to know whether the shortage qty will always move to blocked status or not. If yes then what is the solution. If not please tell me how to correct this problem.

My requirement is we should be able to do MIGO when we receive the shortage qty against the particular PO no.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are processing for shortage qty, It's easily tracking shortage qty details:- Ex: 100qty

Created PO(ME21N) - 100qty

|

VL31N - Got 100qty but (Received Qty- 80qty)+(Shortage Qty- 20qty)

|

MIGO(101MT) - Got Received Qty-80qty >>> Go to Qty Check(QA32) >>> MIRO>>>Accounting

|

MIGO(101MT) - Got Shortage Qty-20qty_Write Remark on Shortage Reason

|

Return Delivery(MIGO)(122MT) <<<Against Shortage Qty GRN No.

|

MIRO (Subsequent Debit Note for Shortage Qty)

Thanks & Regards:

Butterfly" Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to highlight here one thing. With help of some of my friends I came to know that when ever the Shortage qty is updated in QA32 in the Shortage received field, it is picking up the movement type 350 because of which it is going to blocked status. I don't know how  the movement type 350 is getting determined for shortage qty received when entered in QA32.

I would like to know how to change the movement type from 350 to movement type 102 for the shortage qty received.

Is this a config. problem? If no pls let me know how to correct this problem. If yes pls tell me how to make configuration for the movement type 102 for the shortage qty entered in QA32.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards, V. Srinivasa Ranganath

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The config setting for that is as follows:

QM-->Quality Inspection-->Inspection Lot Completion-->Define Inventory Postings

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer following scenario.

1) ME21N : purchase order 100 kg

2) MIGO : goods receipt against purchase order 100 kg

(At this time an inspection lot is automatically generated with 100 kg.)

3) QAC1 : correct actual lot quantity 90 kg

(At this time a material document is automatically generated with 10 kg with movement type 102.)

4) QA11 : usage decision 90 kg

... time past

5) MIGO : goods receipt against same purchase order 10 kg

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to highlight here one thing. With help of some of my friends I came to know that when ever the Shortage qty is updated in QA32 in the Shortage received field, it is picking up the movement type 350 because of which it is going to blocked status. I don't know the movement type 350 is getting determined for shortage qty received when entered in QA32.

I would like to know how to change the movement type from 350 to movement type 102 for the shortage qty received.

Is this a config. problem? If no pls let me know how to correct this problem. If yes pls tell me how to make configuration for the movement type 102 for the shortage qty entered in QA32.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards, V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clarify. When MIGO is done no physical verification is happening. Verification is done only by QC. So when the qty is entered in QA32, accepted stock is moving to unrestricted use. Whereas shortage qty is moving to blocked status. Hence unable to do MIGO for the shortage qty using the PO no.

I would like to know whether the shortage qty will always move to blocked status or not. If yes then what is the solution. If not please tell me how to correct this problem.

My requirement is we should be able to do MIGO when we receive the shortage qty against the particular PO no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Stroage qty will not move to blocked status.

I think during MIGO u wrongly enter the full qty of 100 not 90,

Thats the reason i suggest you please use MB51 to check the detail

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you told, your varification has done in Quality only,

You can use this scenario : Gate entry by mov. type 103 & then GR at 105 mov. type

At Mov type 103, activate Quality Inspection & deactivate QC at 105.

At Gate enty, you can check quality & here you can assure the Accepted qty & Shortage qty.

Do GRN of accepted qty. by 105 mov. type

Check the feasibility & test the scenario. 

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IT will not move to restricted . Please verify that what qty is mentioned in GR document .

NOTE :  GR QTY = INSPECTION LOT QTY .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO qty is only mentioned in GR document. But actual verification is done by QC team only. It is at this time we come to know there is shortage in the qty received from vendor.

Hence when the shortage qty is entered in QA32 it is going to blocked status where as accepted qty is moving to unrestricted use.

My doubt is will shortage qty always go to blocked status or not and how solve the problem.

Please provide solution.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a wrong practise . If you dont know the qty then you can park the goods instead of doing GR . GR in SAP means the actual qty received from vendor . AFter GR Quality decide accpet or reject

Former Member
0 Kudos

I receive ten different materials from a vendor and raise a single GR for all the ten items.

Now in that ten items if qty for one item is entered without verification. Only during QC I find there is shortage and I enter the shortage qty in QA32. By doing so the shortage qty goes to blocked status. Now in this case what will be the solution. Please help.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what you wrote, you receive in 100 during the MIGO.

OC inspects and finds only 90.

I don't know how the posting would automatically assign 10 to blocked stock.  The automatic stock postings associated with the UD will only post the stock to a single category.  You might have a user exit or some customization in play here.  Can't tell.

But for your scenario I would recommend that QC post the 90 to UR and than post the 10 to the "return to vendor" .  If you are are using standard SAP and haven't changed the SAP provided material movements set up for this in config, thanafter the UD the stock should behave as if it was never received.   You should see an open qty of 10 for the purchase order thus allowing an additional receipt. 

Be careful howver of the settings in purchasing.  Receipt tolerances can be set up that can mark the PO as fully receipted if the qty is within a ceratin limit, (i..e plus/minus 10%).  Typically however that is only used for certain types of materials received in bulk like ore shipments or tanker truck deliveries.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

posting is not done automatically in QA32. QC inspects the stock, goes to QA32 puts the accepted qty in UR status and shortage qty in the Shortage received field. Makes UD for the UR stock and saves it. When we view the result for the particular inspection lot the shortage qty is reflecting in blocked status. Hence unable to do MIGO for the shortage qty received from vendor using the same PO no.

Please let me know how to solve this problem as it is happening for only few selected material.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that in standard SAP there is no UD posting line called "Shortage".  So if you are seeing that as the description, than someone has changed your configuratoin and customized that.

It must be a line that has been set up to use a MM that puts the stock to blocked stock.

I suggested you use the "Retun to Vendor" stock posting line in the UD screen.  That is a standard stock posting line.  If you are not seeing that, than once again someone has changed your configuration.  A screen shot of your UD stock posting screen could be very benefical to everyone here trying to help you.

FF

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clear What's your Shortage qty. & accepted qty.

If you do GRN of 90 qty. then inspection lot generated for 90 qty. only after that you accepted 90 qty & qty moves into Unrestricted use Stock.

or if You do GRN of 100 qty, then Inspection lot of 100 qty created after that at stock posting tab in QA11 you accepted 90 qty & rejected 10 qty. (90 qty. moves in Unrestricted use & 10 qty moves in blocked stock).

If You do GR against purchase order of 90 qty. & 10 qty remain, at this stage when you again do GR(Migo) system will show the remain qty. as 10 against PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please check MB51 , you will know the full detail

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas ,

Your question is not clear . If your MIGO qty is 90kg then the lot qty will be 90 kgs only . Out of 90kg you can post goods to unrestricted or restricted . Here there is no involvement og 10kg for which there is no MIGO .

Please clarify

REgards