cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accounting document date should be current date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am releasing a invoice to accounting , accounting document date is billing date not current date

i need acc doc date should be the date when invoice is released .not billing date how can i configure this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is no "Posting block" set to your billing document type in VOFA, the standard functionality is that as and when users saves the billing document, in the background, an accounting document would also be generated simultaneously and invariably, the posting date would remain same as that of the billing date. 

On the other hand, if Posting block is set in VOFA, and users manually release the billing document to FI at a later date, then in that case, the posting date would differ.  Let me know if this is not happening in your case.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am not getting your business requirement here, Where as logically it should be same as Billing date and accounting document date.

because some times the billing date and the billing creation date may change. in that case it may be difficult you to prove the accounting document date.

for Eg.  you billing creation date is 30.01 .2013

and your billing document date is 05.02.2013

if you posting the accounting document in 01.02.2013, and you need to  the accounting document date should be 01.02.2013  , then it is logically not valid.

So if you need to find the exact date for accounting posting then you can refer the "posting date field" , that means (

Date which is used when entering the document in Financial Accounting or Controlling)

Hope it ll help you to understand.

Else you have to use any user exit to do so.

Regards

Pitabash