Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time of Check versus Relevant check date for item

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When looking at the log for existing export documents, the first statement in the log is

Time of Check: 24.01.2013, 06:32:16

Further down, in Performance of service: legal control,the first statement in Selection criteria for import/export license log is

Relevant check date 24.01.2013 12:00:00

What is the difference between the two times of check?

The reason I ask is, since the 2nd check occurs later, the document might be blocked in GTS for too long impacting our warehouse shipments.

Appreciate if anyone can chime in with inputs.

Thanks,
Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

The Time of check that you see as top most-> Is the time the documents being executed for services legal control/embargo etc..

The relevant check date for item is as follows depending on the kind of document.

1) Sales Order--> It is the Delivery date available in the document.

2) Delivery--> It is the Goods issue date.

3) Purchase order--> Its again the delivery date in the PO document.

Relevant check date for item is used to determine license based on this date.

Kindly check the same. Hope it is clear now.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Dhilipan.

On some documents Time of Check is repeating with different values. Might it be so because the document was pushed again from ECC?

Additionally, there is no log at all for some documents, what could be the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Everytime we check the log button. In the log you find Time of check as time at that moment.

Regarding 2nd question. No log for some documents.

Does the log state-> Document not relevant for check?

If so, it means the document reached a status at which legal control service can't be performed.

For example:

1) Sales Order: if the Delivery is already created. Then the log for Sales Order customs document are no more available. It shows document not relevant for check.

2) Delivery: Once Post goods issued.

3) Purchase order: When the deletion indicator is set at PO item level.

These are the certain cases, where the logs are not available.

Please do let me know if i misunderstood your question.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

When I click on the log (Shift + F4), it says:

No logs available

Message no. /SAPSLL/CORE_BASIS300

This happens with random documents and they're all relevant for GTS (meaning config exists) although sales orders are open/partially delivered.

The reason log is important is(It's just my theory): We check the status of the delivery (if GTS blocked) using standard function module /SAPSLL/CD_STATUS_GET but I'm afraid the absence of log always returns sy-subrc = 4 meaning the document is blocked while it actually may not have been.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you please check the retention period of the logs. There is a configuration for control profile logging. in general settings under SAP global trader servcies.

Can you please check there.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Can you please specify the exact path?

Also, did you happen to research into the reason for missing log for open documents (not PGId vendor return)? Due to missing log, the error "SAP GTS: Legal control Item (000010) not transferred" shows up although the document is not really blocked in GTS.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It's under SAP Global Trade Services-> General settings-> Define control profile for logging.

We have Residence time-"Log residence time in days".

And regarding error message you specified

"SAP GTS: Legal control Item (000010) not transferred". I hope you are getting this in R/3?

Anyways, it seems the Item category mapping is missing in GTS. Can you please check if the item category in R/3 is mapped in GTS.

In addition to all the above, please check if there is a log existing in Technically incomplete documents. Sometimes, if the Product/Partner/Item category not mapped/transferred to GTS, we may get such issues.

For your earlier query as well, this could be the reason. I guess, all those document for which logs doesn't exist are technically incomplete. Because this behavior happens for technically incomplete documents.

Please collect those documents,go to Display Technicall Incomplete documents and check if they are showing up there.

Please do let me know the outcome.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt answer Dhilipan. Your response was a great aid.

The error "SAP GTS: Legal control Item (000010) not transferred" is in R/3. The problem is all the configuration exists and I say this becuase when I manually transfer the documents from ECC, it works. For certain documents, they're going to GTS (but no log) as soon as they're created in ECC. Since there is no log, the above error (returned by standard function module /SAPSLL/CD_STATUS_GET).

I checked logs in SLG1 in ECC in vain.

Thanks,
Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you check those documents, if they are available in technically incomplete documents. Just to confirm, so that we can exclude this as a reason.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Sorry, I missed mentioning that, it doesn't exist in incomplete documents too. It is totally happening on random documents. Somtimes on POs, others on outbound deliveries..We have two ECC systems connected to one GTS (7.2).

Thanks,
Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Really sorry to repeat the same thing. Those documents would not be available in technically incompl. doc currently because you have already pushed it manually.

But, can you please try the following things. As you said earlier you are getting error message : SAP GTS: Legal control Item (000010) not transferred.

I hope you are able to replicate the issue in QA. So as soon as you get this error message, without transferring the document manually. Goto Legal control Export->Display Technically Incomplete docs. and check the log details there.

That would give you an idea as to why is the document technically incomplete. So, from there we can track if there are some changes while the document is transferred.

Once we confirm this, we can then think of why it is successful during manual transfer.

Please feel free to let me know if i had overlooked something.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

The document was not stuck in incomplete. I checked there (& the logs) before manually pushing it hoping to find answers but it was nowhere, its painful.

Thanks,
Satish

Answers (0)