cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error During Dashboards 4 Installation (Ports 4520-4539)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During installation of Dashboards 4 (SAP Crystal Dashboard Design 2011, Departmental Edition) a fatal error message, attached, appears saying that at least one port in the range of 4520-4539 must be open. Windows Firewall has been disabled in this computer and we have also tried starting Windows in Safety Mode with networking, what else can we try to have a successful installation?

The user has Administrator access on a Windows XP machine.

Thanks for your help,

Péricles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue in regards to the installation of the BOBJ tools.  I have turned off the firewall and try to install in Safe Mode and still no go.  Anyone have a solutiont to this issue?

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In trying on windows 7 then try to change the user account control setting there bring the slider at the bottom.

Try to run the setup as right click and run as admin.

delete the existing registry entries and the previous install files and try.

Install TCPView that will show you exactly which ports are blocked

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install on Win XP 32 bit with SP 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to relove the issue by installing the installation file directly to my PC rather than connecting through the server.  I hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamal,

Could you please describe your solution in more detail? We're trying to install it directly on a PC from a local file to the local HD and have encountered this error. I'm unclear on where the server piece falls.

Thank you,

Péricles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to get my IT administrator to log in as an "admin" and then copy the ZIP file to my PC from our local server.  Once the file was unzipped, we were able to execute the installation file with out any issues.  I would definitly recommend looking into your permissions/secuirty.  Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pericles,

did you ever resolve this issue as I am facing the same problem trying to install the client tools on a PC. Windows Firewall is off, netstat shows none of the ports in use and I have admin rights.

It's quite odd,

thanks

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

We have not identified a fix for the problem. The individual who had the problem said he was going to try it on a different computer but I have not heard back on success or failure. Unfortunately he has not been able to use the software yet.

Regards,

Péricles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pericles,

the IT guys at the site I'm working at have found that what was preventing the installs from running was the actual location of the install packages.

I had moved them locally but only to the desktop of the account I am using, and the error was still occurring.

However when the packages were moved to the root of the C: the installs proceeded with no problems.

So in our case at least it looks like the error message is a complete red-herring. Try moving the install package and running it from the root of C and see if it works,

thanks

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the information Keith, I have passed this on and hope to hear back from the user who is trying to install the software.

Regards,

Péricles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith, that did fix it. The message seems to have been a red herring, like you said.

Thanks,

Péricles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keith, your reply helped us as well.

Upgrading Business Objects client tools 4.1 SP4 to FP4.

Running the install from self extracting rar file worked fine from any local folder but if you copied extracted files (to create a response file & deploy) then the files have to be in a folder structure with no spaces in the path name. "C:\folder1\folder2\files" will work but "C:folder1\folder 2\files" will spit out the port error which I think is generic for "I cant get to install files"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to find out which ports are blocked is to install TCPView and run it while the installation.

It will list the ports used and you can find which one is blocked.

delete the registry entries for xcelsius and any  install files and right click the setup and run as admin