Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid To and Valid From dates different in two SUIM reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are running ECC 6.0 with the support pack SAP_BASIS at 21.

First SUIM report -> Roles -> Role name->user assignment.-

Gives list of users with Valid to and Valid From dates for specific Role.

Second SUIM Report:

Change Documents - > For Role assignment ->

Gives Change history for Role assignment for specific user with Valid to and Valid From date.

we checked the Valid to and Valid From date for few users in both reports and they are showing up diferent dates for the SAME ROLE.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Pranav

++++++++++++++++++

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Also let me be more specific.

Report name is S_BCE_68001418 in SUIM (RSUSR070) that is not giving the CORRECT valid to and Valid from dates when we click on User assignment tab OR the report does not give the same valid to or Valid from dates as Chanage documents report (SUIM-change document- for Role assingment) for a spefic Role.

Any suggestion would be helpful

Thanks,

Pranav

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Also let me be more specific.

Report name is S_BCE_68001418 in SUIM (RSUSR070) that is not giving the CORRECT valid to and Valid from dates when we click on User assignment tab OR the report does not give the same valid to or Valid from dates as Chanage documents report (SUIM-change document- for Role assingment) for a spefic Role.

Any suggestion would be helpful

Thanks,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Environment is NW  2004 ECC 6.0 SUN OS Oracle Database SAP_BASIS & ABAP 7.0 Release.

Thanks,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Technically, a role is just a way of assigning its generated profiles' authorizations to the user when you save. The real music and change documents have historically been associated with the profile and not the role.

With concepts such as UME roles and personalizations, this was extended to the role level.

If you use report RSUSR100N then you will have more results.

But the difference between the validity of the role assignment to the user (intention is it's profiles) and the date of saving the assignment (which may be in the future!) can differ. Also, when PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY runs at 02:00 in the morning, this may show that the profiles actually became actively assigned (change documents) later than the applicatio role was assigned.

Sometimes IDOCs also get stuck in CUA environments or there are lock entries between the PFCG assignent to the user and the SU01 assignment to the role.

Give us an exact example from the data where you are observing these differences, and it would be interesting to put the puzzle pieces together.

A curiosity question: how was the role assigned? CUA or eCATT or LSMW?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for your reply.

We are not using CUA.

Simply trying to compare the Valid to & Valid From dates for a Role in SU01 and SUIM Report (SUIM->Role name -> user assingment tab). They are not showing up the same dates as it should.

Thanks,

Pranav

Examples

SU01 ->

Enter user ID

on the Role tab -> Pick a Role and Valid To and Valid From dates.

SUIM->Role->Role name - put the Role name ( from SU01 above)->click F8

-> Click on User assignment tab

Check the Valid To and Valid From date for the User in results screen.

Let me know if you have any questions

Many Thanks,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Are you also running prgn_compress_times in your system then?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Yes we are running the PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES program.

but the roles and users that I am checking right now are not even touched by PRGN compress program

in SUIM report.

Thanks,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Julius

Also, checked SUIM report Role -> Role name -> RSUSER70 in the other DEV, QA and Sandbox environment where I am also getting the same results where we NEVER ran PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES report. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Julius

Just resolved it-

The valid to and Valid from dates in  RSUSR070 ( SUIM -> Role -> Rome name -> User Assignment )

is for User ACCOUNT validity period not for the Role Validity Period eventhough we are running the report for the Roles.

Thanks for your time my friend.

Pranav

0 Kudos

Previously you were talking about change documents, now about the use list navigation from role lists.

Were you expecting it to give the average FROM and TO date of the assignments of roles?

If you hit F1 on the field it shows:

Text

User valid from

Procedure

Specify the date from which the user should be permitted to use the system.
Validity commences at 0.00 o'clock.

Leave the field blank if you want the user to be valid immediately.

If you are working with the payroll accounting system, you should use only
the validity fields to control the validity of users rather than creating a user
and deleting it again at the end of the work relationship.

You have a long track record for vague questions and strange UI type observations without reading the documentation first, so questions which make no sense will continue to be deleted on sight.

I learnt my lesson again friend, thanks!  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I guess I missed it on my side to read completely F1 Doc. when I was reading the documentation fist time yesterday since hectic schedule in big shop.

That is what exactly I did this mornning my friend..hit F1 key again and read all the information one more time.

Thanks,

Pranav

0 Kudos

In the case of F1, a friend of yours is definately a friend of mine as well...

But you should use report RSUSR100N to read the change documents. That will also confuse less when putting Humpty-Dumpty together again... 

Cheers,

Julius