cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management used as a Batch system for non batch material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to keep the Migo number (or rather a number we get in migo) for all of our imported material.

I do not see a problem achieving this for material with batch but I do not know how to keep this information for non-batch material.

Could maybe this be done with storage bins with Warehouse Management?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody faced a similar situation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did you fix it? you mind sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Mexico by law we are required that if we sell imported material we should put the import document number ("Pedimento") on the invoice.

Since not all of our material is managed with batches, I was wondering if it would be practical to manage Pedimento's number with Storage bins with Warehouse Management.

If somebody with WM knowledge, could tell me if this is possible and if it would be practical.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

Dear Carlos,

how do you run this process now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The company ended up using batch for every imported material. So an additional field had the pedimento number which was carried to the delivery and invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some ideas:

- Storage bins

Recording the "pedimento" info at storage bins would require a strict control to avoid mixing of stock from different "pedimentos" on the same bin, as well as considerable custom development to maintain the "pedimento" info from bin to bin and then to MM-IM documents via TRs, TOs, deliveries, etc.

- Handling unit management.

If you activate handling units, you could record the "pedimento" info on a standard customer ID field, and track it throughout your logistics processes. Unfortunately, using HUM with LE-WM requires special transactions and customizing on MM-IM as well, so the switch can require a lot of effort. On the other hand, if in the future you implement EWM you can make use of the HUM ID fields, but without the impact to MM-IM functionality.

Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

- Storage units.

SUs are much simpler to implement than HUM, but they are not integrated to MM-IM as they only live on LE-WM. I don't think there are any standard customer ID fields, so you'd have to custom develop the fields to hold the "pedimento" info, and then transfer it to MM-IM documents.

Storage Unit Management - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

- Documentary batch.

Some companies sacrifice "pedimento" stock control at ECC/WMS level and keep it only at physical level via printed barcode labels, tags, etc., so they record the number each time they pick or post goods issue to make sure it's tracked when posting GR, GI, TP. You'd have the "pedimento" info at MM-IM material document level, but not at stock level, or LE-WM level. For this you can use the documentary batch functionality, which is much simpler to maintain than Batch Management.

Documentary Batches (LO-BM) - Batch Management (LO-BM) - SAP Library

Hope this is useful.

Saludos cordiales.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the informations, so we have to nominate our process as well.

Batch management seams to be "easy" however 90% of our materials are without batch.