cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Migration - Downtime minimization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I am performing the HANA migration. currently i am exporting 7 TB of test BW system.

We did the table splitting and STR splitting before we started the actual export.

Our Source DB is DB2 z/OS. around 80% of the packages completed and now we are facing error from DB stating the unavailable resource for SORT Space and 32k Workset files.

We are in the middle of the export and we have added more sort work pool and still face the same issues.

1) is it possible to export the remaining packages with UNSORTED option? if yes please give me the steps to do it.

2)another general question is whether UNSORTED export is supported for HANA migration (I don't see this anywhere)

3)To avoid this issue do i need to split the large tables with more number of packages?

We would like to use UNSORTED in the next run.

Please suggest us on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Durairaj Premsundar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durairaj,

1) is it possible to export the remaining packages with UNSORTED.

I would either complete the export as SORTED or export it again UNSORTED. Even if it was possible I wouldn't trust the results..

2) UNSORTED export is supported for HANA migration

Its supported read,

Note 1715048 - BW 7.30 new features for installation or migration

Also read,

Note 954268 - Optimization of export: Unsorted unloading

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through both the notes but looks like 1715048 is not supported if we want to use SWPM for Import.

Does it mean that if want to use UNSORTED we have to use installation masters only?

If yes please check and confirm the below steps are correct

1) Exchange the control.sar file in the source system installation master.

2) Start the export with UNSORTED option and choose Target Database as source system DB type.

3)Complete the export.

4) Copy the DDLHDB_LRG.TPL  to the export DVD/ABAP/DB ( do we have to perform this step before export??)

5)Start & complete the import.

Thanks,

Durairaj

Answers (0)