cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of ECC 6.0 on AIX terminating at Phase 27 of 47 i.e. Start Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

My Enviroment AIX 6.1/Oracle 10.2.0.2/SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 0

I'm doing an installation of SAP ECC6 but it stalls in phase 27 of 47 ie Start Instance. At this stage when I log in as <SID>adm i;m able to stop/start the SAP instance.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the longest SAP installation  I have ever undertaken. I'm glad it is over.

During the define parameters stage of the installation I had selected  01 as the  instance number, hence port 3901 was to be used by the message server (in parameter rdisp/msserv_internal = 3901).  What I didnot know is that IBM AIX also uses port 3901 to run "nimsh" service. I had to temporarily stop nimsh service in order to free port 3901 for usage by SAP.  The clue was obtained from dev_ms log

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/cgaix/entry/nimsh_and_sap?lang=en

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2017495

If nimsh is not deactivated the instalation will stall once more in phase 35 of 47 i.e. Start Java Instance. The command  used to temporarily stop nimsh is stopsrc -s nimsh.

What I require now is how to parmanently disable nimsh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forgot to add , that I'm running the installation remotely. ie The instalation is on a server in a Disaster Recovery Datacenter  in a remote site but it is on an extended LAN in our office. I'm not sure if firewall issues are the cause of this problem.

In the main datacenter I have an SAP instance with a similar name i.e. DEV/DVEBMGS01. Could this be the cause of the problem ?

Incidentally I experienced a similar problem 2 years ago (while installing ECC6.0 on Solaris enviroment) but  I was able to overcome it. I tried the same trick but it did not work this time

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1728447

I've attached dev_w0.log, dev_icm.log and dev_disp.log at the point where the error occurs.

Thanks for your assistance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if the SAP system is up or not. Try to check via dpmon / connect via GUI.

If it is down then bring the system up and  continue with the installation process.

Regards,

Mudasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudasir

SAP system is up. You can almost log in but license is required

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try to login with SAP* in 000 Client and apply the license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before skipping it, you can close your sapinst and kill all the sap processes including your sapstartsrv process and do the memory cleanup then start your sapinst again.

If still issue persists, check your message server log in work directory. I am specially interested about the line:
MsClientList on message server (devsvr/3901) failed: MSEWRONGSERVER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the command  "./sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true" while re-starting the SAPINST so that it ignores the error and proceed further.

Regards,

Mudasir.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Msoro,

It is a bug with SAPINST installation process. Since you are able to manually start and stop the sap instance, you may skip this step. To perform this you need to stop the sap installation.

Open the keydb.xml file from the installation directory. Search for keywork "ERROR". Replace "ERROR" with "OK". Save keydb.xml. Continue with the installation process by initiating the sapinst executable again.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I stopped the instalation & restarted with option ./sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true.  I only managed to move two phases & stalled at Check DDIC password

below is dev_rfc.trc

**** ERROR file opened at 20130129 132704 CST, SAP-REL 700,0,66 RFC-VER 3 841435 MT-SL

T:1 Error in program 'sapinstexe': ======>      Logon not possible (error in license check)                                    

T:1 Error in program 'sapinstexe': ======>      Logon not possible (error in license check)                                    

>TS> Tue Jan 29 14:14:25 2013

>TS> Tue Jan 29 14:14:36 2013

>TS> Tue Jan 29 14:18:22 2013

>TS> Tue Jan 29 14:18:25 2013

>TS> Tue Jan 29 14:18:26 2013

Kindly advice

Former Member