SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP08 - Statistical posting with budat in the future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have posted a statistical posting (payment) with posting date 15.04.2013. Thought, that I could not create that posting because only the periods of january and february 2012 are open.

The problem is, that I can't reverse the statistical posting.

If I use the posting date 29.01.2013 in the reversal transaction, I get the message that the posting date can not be before 15.04.2013.

If I use the posting date 15.04.2013 in the FP08, then I get the message, that the posting period is close. What can I do?

Cheers

Mar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

The error that you are getting is standard SAP error and is quite logical, as you cannot have a reversal date before the original document was created.

Moreover, if its a statistical posting, it will not impact the GLs as well.

However, if you want to negate the posting, I think the best approach would be post a debit statsitical entry with equivalent amount in Jan/Feb and then try to clear that by the statistical posting (payment) with posting date 15.04.2013.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

The error that you are getting is standard SAP error and is quite logical, as you cannot have a reversal date before the original document was created.

Moreover, if its a statistical posting, it will not impact the GLs as well.

However, if you want to negate the posting, I think the best approach would be post a debit statsitical entry with equivalent amount in Jan/Feb and then try to clear that by the statistical posting (payment) with posting date 15.04.2013.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan