Java GUI 730: Impossible to open the connection with the URL

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my SolMan, when I start WebDynpro urls from Java GUI 730,

I have the following error:

Impossible to open the connection with the URL: http://mysolman

I have not found which security option in the GUI prevents standard behavior.

Could you please tell me how I could prevent this error?

Thanks in advance for answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As nothing has been answered, this is what I have find out.

The developer of this transaction has disallowed this transaction in Java GUI.

This can be checked with se93.

Honestly, I do not understand his choice, as it is an ABAP WebDynpro transaction.

Other ABAP WebDynpro transactions like solman_setup work perfectly with Java GUI.

It is all the most a weired choice as this is a common transaction in SolMan and the official SAP
GUI Doc says:

"User working most of the day in the SAP system:

Power users are usually better off with an installed GUI like the SAP GUI

for Windows or the SAP GUI for Java"

Regards,

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benoît,

apologizes for not replying earlier. Looks like I missed your post after coming back from vacation.

The checkmarks for supported SAP GUIs in se93 do not automatically have a technical impact, whether the transaction will actually launch in a specific SAP GUI or not.

In case you want us to look into this why the URL is not launched, you could create a support message on component BC-FES-JAV with steps to reproduce, a screenshot showing the issue and a trace file with default trace keys generated while reproducing the error.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have opened a call to SAP BC-FES-JAV.

The ticket number is 99411/2013.

The operator has forwarded it to SV-SMG-OP.

The new operator as said :

"

We have the response back from develoopment.

If you run transaction code SE93 and specify the transaction code you

execute, in this case solman_ewa_admin, it will tell you what GUI

supports the transaction.

"

You can guess how frustrating it can be to open these messages.

BTW, could you answer this question:

If you look at transaction solman_setup, it is also a webdynpro

page and works perfectly.

Why have you taken this arbitrary choice?

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not working on SolMan and have little knowledge on the application level. I can only commend what is happening on SAP GUI technical level looking into traces and ABAP code.

Looking at the ABAP coding, solman_ewa_admin creates html control inside SAP GUI and tells it to navigate to that Web Dynpro application, while solman_setup uses a function module to launch an external browser with the URL of the Web Dynpro application.

If a given Web Dynpro based application like solman_ewa_admin would run in an external browser without any limitations is outside my scope however.

Running a Web Dynpro application inside SAP GUI for Java is not possible for now due to the limited functionality of the html component currently used in SAP GUI for Java. We are looking into using a compelling new component, which is expected to allow Web Dynpro content to be rendered.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

For which version of the Platinum GUI is it scheduled?

Rolf-Martin Woersinger wrote:

Running a Web Dynpro application inside SAP GUI for Java is not possible for now due to the limited functionality of the html component currently used in SAP GUI for Java. We are looking into using a compelling new component, which is expected to allow Web Dynpro content to be rendered.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benoît,

switching to a new html rendering engine is a major effort and is not expected to be part of a 7.30 revision, but is planned for the next major release.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rolf-Martin Woersinger wrote:

If a given Web Dynpro based application like solman_ewa_admin would run in an external browser without any limitations is outside my scope however.

Hello Rolf,

It works because the Web GUI is supported for this transaction

as far as it is indicated in se93.

If it would not work in a external GUI, Web GUI should not work.

Therefore, I do not understand why the developer of this transaction does

not set: if GUI=Platinum then start an external firefox with the ABAP WebDynpro url.

Would you know he is not coding this?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benoît,

in SAP GUI for Html (WebGUI), for SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN the Web Dynpro URL goes to the html control inside the browser SAP GUI for Html is running in. This is typically IE or FireFox, which are supported by Web Dynpro. So in this case, the Web Dynpro app is running inplace the SAP GUI (for Html), the scenario is comparable to SAP GUI for WIndows, not SAP GUI for Java with external browser.

I am going to contact the colleagues working on your support message to discuss possible options.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rolf, for your answer.

I understand that having Java GUI that would interpret all ABAP Webdynpro perfectly is a big work.

This is why I have asked if it would possible to tell the ABAP report or the Java GUI

to start an external browser instead of opening the Web page in the GUI.

What I am describing is what is happening with solman_setup ABAP transaction.

1. Do you think that it is easy/complex to implement this on the Java GUI side?

2. Do you think that it is easy/complex to implement this on the ABAP report side?

Thanks again for contacting you SolMan colleagues.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benoît,

the change needs to be done in ABAP code, but the question is if there is any requirement to have it in-place for some reason or not. This needs to be decided by the application development.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (0)